Materials Sale 2 ply engraving plastic

I use the pass through slot, square the 24" piece to the gantry, make a mark at 4" from the edge and load a single line into the Glowforge and cut it down to 20".

There are specific table saw blades for plastic cutting. I have one and the difference is night and day. Cuts are cleaner with no melting.

2 Likes

And you can probably count on one hand the number of people who left those safeguards in place. (I couldn’t find mine if money were offered :slightly_smiling_face:).

2 Likes

FYI: Ordered 20 sheets this morning. Scheduled delivery tomorrow. No shipping charge shown before ordering. Only showed up in an email.

Had a friend remove four fingers from his left hand with one while I was still working in the outside world. Eighteen hours of surgery to reattach them, but they actually did.

Hand didn’t work real well after that though. (So I might overcompensate a bit.) :smile:

Wow. I take it back. Nothing on the website, up to and including hitting submit, gave any indication of a freight charge. I was very surprised by that. Then after ordering I got an invoice in Email that had $20+ shipping charge.

Sorry about that. I just got my invoice for a larger order and it was up there this time. I did order some 1/8" Rotary Engravable stock that would be much heavier. I expect that is why my shipping was higher than when I ordered all thin stock last year. If you think you’ll use it, it is still a pretty good deal.

No big deal. Expected the shipping. I kept looking for it and was very surprised I could order without it showing up in the total. Had never seen that before.

5 Likes

Yup - pretty weak website. People are nice though, I corresponded with them a bit last year when I placed my order.

Yup! Table saw wins. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My older brother cut off 3 but they put em back on too :slightly_smiling_face: Didn’t stop me from taking the guards off my saw. It’s a testosterone thing :grin:

1 Like

Love the minifig displays!!! :heart_eyes:

Thanks. They are for the Lego Dimensions video game. They are 2 sided and hold the vehicles on the backside. The middle 2 ply section is slightly taller and fits int a slot on the one stacked on top. They can be set on shelves, then pulled out and stacked to carry and save space when playing the game.

2 Likes

FWIW, I used a compound miter saw to score mine. Turned the blade to 45 degrees so it made a divot, and got the depth stop close enough. Then snapped the pieces over a table edge. You could do similar with a table saw, but I kinda use the sawdust on mine.

1 Like