Memorial Day Weekend

Friday is our anniversary so hubby and I will be enjoying a fine dinner of steak and lobster with all the trimmings which we will prepare and cook together as is our tradition and the rest of the weekend I hope to work on my dollhouse and perhaps some other mini projects.

4 Likes

Happy anniversary!
Have a good holiday.

1 Like

Local Open Studio weekend. And swapping out all the remaining winter gear and bringing the fans out of the basement. And the 11-year-old wants to use the grill to cook supper for usā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m trying to convince a friend to drive up from Santa Cruz to go dirt biking with me at stonyford. My girlfriend is going to be busy with her lab work the whole weekend, so I get to play in the dirtā€¦ but only if I can find someone to come with :motorcycle::dash:

4 Likes

And just exactly what IS National Tarp Day? Iā€™m glad you asked. :wink: Our deck faces westā€¦from whence all weather comes. During the winter, we hang tarps up along that side to keep the wind and rain out (our deck has a clear roof over slats). It looks ugly as hell all winter. My brother refers to tarps as Oregon flags since we have so much wet weather. In the springtime, we take the tarps down for the summer and begin getting everything de-winterized. Last year, NTD was on April 19th, so weā€™re running late this year. Part of that was because we were gone for 10 days. We never go anywhere on a 3 day weekend anymore, anywayā€¦so here is what weā€™re doing;

This is one of the ā€˜after shotsā€™

9 Likes

I think Iā€™ll sleep. maybe some yard work. maybe some beers. might start building my electric car. basically keeping it open :wink:

Our truck started acting up about an hour up the mountain so we had to turn around. Oh darn, what will I do with a cooler full of beer and another full of camping food?

Electric Car? Sweet

1 Like

Iā€™m learning copper wire inlay onto wood. Here are a couple of projects that I have done. They are pretty crude but we all know practice make perfect. So I will be practicing inlay this Memorial Day week-end. Of course we will BARBQ.

17 Likes

Very nice. I love the education that comes with a new technique.
I plan on trying to adapt my rolling mill to work like that to press wire into a laser cut design.

1 Like

Being from Canada, our official long weekend was last weekend, but we are heading out for a 12 day vacation to the west coast tomorrow (Saturday) morning. Hopefully I will find time to keep up with the forum!

5 Likes

Weā€™ll be headed to the Fort Worth Childrenā€™s Museum with the kids. Apparently it has science displays and activities instead. I think they should change their name. Itā€™s misleadingā€¦and creepy.

1 Like

It is so much fun to make something that turns out looking good. I just added a Pepe Tools rolling mill to my arsenal. Itā€™s great to get the flat wire I need when I need it.

1 Like

Go solo! Nice thing about doing stuff on your own is you are on your own. Your schedule, your route, your choice. If you want to sit down and spend 30 minutes taking in a view, you can, you can do anything you want in any order you want. :smile:

One caveat, avoid pursuits that may leave you stranded for days in remote locations. :frowning:

For me, creative work is therapeutic.
I like the combination of materials, wood and metal. Kind of transitioning out of jewellery making so some specialty tools are going away, but the rolling mill stays!

4 Likes

Oooooo! Do a video! Iā€™d love to learn how to do this.

2 Likes

Thank you! The meal was delicious. Now onto making minisā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not a video person but you can go to You Tube and type in copper inlay and there is a video that shows you the basics. I am hoping when my Glowforge gets here I will be able to use it with the inlay designs.https://youtu.be/arWUZ4Gdcvs

3 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ll check it out!

indent preformatted text by 4 spacesJust got back from the FW Childrenā€™s Museum with the kids. They had a layered cow that might make an interesting project some day.

10 Likes

Hereā€™s to the day when no one needs to risk their lives in war.

11 Likes