Metal kick lately

So I been on kind of a metal kick lately with my S1 and thought I’d share this cup I made with it.

23 Likes

That looks great!

7 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

Very nice! I really like the saying too.

4 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

This looks so amazing! I didn’t realize we could use our glowforge on metal like this- is that a coating or how did you go about making this? New to all of this and there is soooo much to learn!

1 Like

Well they did this with an S1 laser but yes, if you have anodized aluminum, most lasers(including gf) can zap the colored anodized part to reveal the aluminum underneath. The GF just won’t handle something so thick and round very well.

3 Likes

I used my S1 from xTool. This is the everything else category I listed it in. This would be able to do on the Glowforge without modifying it

3 Likes

Ohhh! Thank you for responding! I was looking at buying the xTool F1 to be able to do more on metals.
Thank you for the info!

2 Likes

You’re welcome. The F1 is really cool too. I have one of those as well.

For a little bit of a deep dive into the ways you can work with metal on your Glowforge check out number 11 on this list:

And, since you’re new, I would imagine that you’ll find a lot more information in there that would be useful.

Welcome to the forum! We love new people around here:)

6 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.