Metallic Business Cards

Hey all, I was looking into making some of my own business cards. I recently purchased these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075GPGPT1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was wondering if anybody had some advice on settings I should use. Or if this is something I shouldn’t use in the glowforge.

THANKS!!

1 Like

I’ve used them before, can’t remember my settings but want to say it was like 800/60. You should be able to dial it in pretty easily.

The one thing I’ll say is that they looked way better when I wiped them down afterward with some alcohol. The Lasered areas pick up a little residue from burning the paint off, the alcohol picks that right up and makes them look perfect.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thank you very much for your advice.

They look so cool, I think you’ll like them.

Oh one other thing: if you laser them too hard they will warp from the heat. If you find your cards warping, you’ll want to drop the power a bit.

You’ll get it dialed in pretty quickly, I find that 270 lpi is a good sweet spot of time versus quality.

If you ever want to step up to a more substantial metal card, the ring lord sells good anodized aluminum cards too… but while these steel ones are flexible and thin, the ring lord’s cards are practically weapons by comparison.

4 Likes

I will have to go check them out.

I tried what look like the same cards, but in blue, and could not find good settings.

I think the ones I have are coated, not really anodized. This is what it looks like when I try a different supplier… very nice.

If you get good results with the black cards you have, please share. I’ll try your numbers on my blue cards.

6 Likes

Hey All, I finally got around to messing with these. Here are the settings I used:

7 Likes