Military-Style Belt Buckles

Well maybe you haven’t, but there are those of us who rate one in dress uniform. ;D
(though to be fair that was years and pounds ago)

1 Like

Not all. I switch them alternating every day. That way the belt doesn’t deform due to uneven (top & bottom) belt loop pressure. My belt buckles are unidirectional.

2 Likes

Good point! I neglected to include the military. :wink: (And for the record, I have one as well.)

Of course it’s a broad sword. There’s a picture of it around here somewhere on the forum I think.

4 Likes

Ha ha ha…that when sidewards real quick…buckles to broadswords to blouse buttons.

Where did you find such a price??

4 Likes

$1.98 each at a local outdoor / army-navy store. Commercially packaged, though. I’ll dig up the supplier name. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m really interested in these as well. I love how the engraving turned out!

Those buckles look to be the correct orientation to me.

2 Likes

They are, but only because rotated buckle #1 moments before printing.

Orient twice, print once.

9 Likes

Absolutely love it. And xkcd rocks!

4 Likes

Measure twice, cut once kind of thing?

My favorite, though, goes like this:

"Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax.

10 Likes

Same reason you always mount a horse from the same side (so you didn’t try to mount over your sword), and you hold your reins western in your left hand so your gun hand was free.

11 Likes

And you make sure your kids don’t anchor your gun hand while out and about.

5 Likes

I love learnin’ stuff on this forum. :smiley:

4 Likes

@smcgathyfay

11 Likes

Opentip.com sells these as well as many other anodized aluminum things. They offer customized inscriptions too, but I’m assuming one could order them blank and design at will with the GF!

3 Likes

Why else would we order them?

I have an acquaintance that is a “prepper”, he designs gear in that niche. Backpacks, clothing, tools. I’m sure he’ll be troubling me for some engraving soon.

3 Likes

Just be sure to charge for it.

6 Likes

As I say, that was years ago and many pounds before now, I was just being indignant for no really good reason. ;D

2 Likes

Well, as one who has never rated a uniform or a sword while in dress uniform, I’d like to thank you for your service. As for out of uniform, I have several swords around here.

3 Likes