Mini chair

I couldn’t resist getting @designvh619’s mini furniture plans, both the bedroom set as well as the dining room set. So far I’ve only done one piece: the Mission style armchair was really calling to me so I made that my first piece.

But of course I had to make it even smaller so I scaled all the pieces by 50% and made it in 1:24 scale. Also, I didn’t want the tiny fairy to have a sore butt so I made a tiny cushion for it.

Banana shot:

Material was 1/16” mahogany from Ocooch Hardwoods and the piece was finished with Danish oil.

54 Likes

That is adorable.

4 Likes

That is fantastic! You are shrinking them down and I am enlarging all of them for Barbie size. Lol BTW you are going to love the living room. Almost done!!!

9 Likes

And thank you for the reviews!!! :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

I wish more people would make that effort. Reviews are essential for Etsy shops, especially when first starting out.

8 Likes

Squeeeeeeee!

5 Likes

This is so sweet! Love that it has a little cushion.

(This is the new version of ‘money shot’, now.)

5 Likes

So, so cute!

2 Likes

Though at this scale, a quarter would have been a great money shot. I’ve never been too interested in mini furniture, but this is really eye catching. Have any of you seen those really neat themed book ends? I think these miniatures would lend themselves to that art form perfectly.

http://www.spoon-tamago.com/2018/05/15/japanese-back-alley-bookends/

7 Likes

Heh heh. I liked that idea so I took one:

I definitely would like to try one of those bookend pieces—I’ve had my eye on them for some time.

15 Likes

Well done. That looks fantastic.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that quarter really puts it into perspective!

1 Like

It is so adorable! Thank you for the photo with the quarter! Too fun!

1 Like

Did you sew thin silk over memory foam? I have not seen proper sized needles though my eyes would have had trouble if they were laid out in front of me… And getting the thread through the eye of such a needle?? :exploding_head:
Very pretty work!

2 Likes

I :heart: :heart: :heart: this collaboration between @designvh619’s file and your remix.

Ha! Right? Oddly enough, I’m in the process of reupholstering (with vinyl) my dining room chairs. My chairs ain’t as fancy as @designvh619’s, but fancy enough to save. :slight_smile:

You must have some pretty comfortable fairies in your house.

4 Likes

Previously :wink: :

2 Likes

My machine was down in Nov 18’ so I kind of dropped off the forum to save myself all of the jealousy that I would get from those who had working machines. It’s no wonder that I missed it, and it doesn’t surprise me that someone here would have shared it sooner than I!

Also @evansd2 would be proud of you for this

3 Likes

Nice work, thanks for adding the the banana for scale.