Mission Living Room - 1:12 Scale

Thank you!!

I actually thought about that. Possibly in the near future I’ll have time :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Tiny books can be super addictive. I have a pile of them in a box I haven’t unpacked somewhere, and a directory full of more cover art than I could use in 100 years. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I have lots of spare books…
Sorry - no quarter in this pic; just imagine it taking up most of the rug space.

10 Likes

Awesome set! Once you finish the house, you will need to add piles of tiny things to make it look realistic, and then keep on making things until it looks like a hoarding house. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Haha. That is my new plan! :smile:

3 Likes

So amazing!!!

1 Like

Yeah, now I want a Mission clock and a floor lamp, maybe a magazine rack and sofa table, hmmmm, what else?

2 Likes

Send your orders here! Lol

1 Like

Except that it looked like very thick planks to make a bookshelf, it would be very hard to tell it was small.

1 Like

Back in Portland there’s a guy who makes custom furniture. You can show him a photo from a catalog and he’ll make it for you. I had him build us a Mission-style bedroom set – t what you’d call cheap, but definitely 'way more reasonable (and better quality) than anything I could have bought ready made!

2 Likes

This is the inside of a shoebox…

libraryfull

Back when I had no Glowforge to amuse myself with. And no @designvh619 to design furniture for us either…

12 Likes

Amazing! I love the detail!

1 Like

The books are all handmade - many from the Paper Minis site. Others were created utilizing blocks of wood and a copier… like the Harry Potter series on the side table.

3 Likes

This is awesome! I think I convinced my wife we need to get your designs once you post them!

2 Likes

Thanks! I am almost done the instructions. Hope to have them up this week. Work always gets in the way of a good time! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Out of likes, but these are really great. I also love the bookshelves.

3 Likes

I am with @geek2nurse! I totally want this furniture, actual size, in my living room. Beautiful!!

4 Likes

I tried my hand at this. I am not sure of the scale, but it was an interesting experience.
I used medium Maple Plywood for the credenza and some metal jewelry stuff I found.
The table top is medium Maple Plywood, while the base is Medium Maple Hard Wood.
The chairs are Medium Maple Hardwood and Teal Acrylic.
Lots of gluing

13 Likes

That’s really cool! Love the chairs with the Teal Acrylic. Does the credenza open?

4 Likes