More leather stiching eye candy

Working on a wallet and thought I’d share some more stiching eye candy.

29 Likes

Nice coloring contrast. Have you ever tried making your stitching holes with the laser? There’s a great way to do it using a text path.

7 Likes

Have I tried? Yes, do I like the result? Not exactly. Right now I’m on a path of learning as much as I can without the laser, in fact I’ve gone out of my way to cut templates out of acrylic rather then cut the pattern out on the laser because I want to learn the making progress first and then I may use the laser.

9 Likes

Very nice! I love working with leather!

5 Likes

I like using red thread too.

4 Likes

I would really like to know how to make stitching holes with the glowforge.

3 Likes

The finished product

The scarring on the right is natural

8 Likes

I use a text path…either a geometric shape or a free-hand line using a pen or pencil tool in my design app (Affinity Designer).
I created a round circle the size that I wanted the holes to be…then started looking at letter 'o’s in text until I found one that I could get in the right size. What I ended up using was a size 6 in the font, courier new.
Then, I just type 'o’s, skipping one space between each letter, around the perimeters of the pieces that I want to sew. It works really well. Hope you can make it work for you.

6 Likes

8 Likes

The 1mm version of this thread is comparable to Ritza. In the past——Springfield has put this thread on a Black Friday sale for $10.

If I want a bright whimsical color for a leather project I use one of these colors.

1 Like

In this video he goes over how to make the stitching holes. I use his method all the time when making my wallets.

(23) DIY Wallet Design in Adobe Illustrator - LASER CUTTER FRIENDLY! - YouTube

2 Likes