More Mastiff word art

I made another word art engraving. Still on the dry erase board, but this time I masked beforehand and when finished I sprayed clear coat directly over the smoke stains without cleaning. My wife likes the look and I have to agree.

33 Likes

Does that mean you masked the whole thing and then did a light engrave, then removed the mask inside of the dog? It looks really cool…I really like this. Can you use any type of dry erase board (wondering about the chemical makeup of it). Some people are just so imaginative!

5 Likes

I first did a very light score for the dog shape, then I engraved the letters. I had planned to finish with a light engrave inside the score, but liked the look of the smoke stain so I covered it all with clear spray.

4 Likes

It looks awesome. :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes, I really like it also. Seriously will buy some dry erase board on my next trip out.

4 Likes

Wow! Looks 3D and deep. Interesting medium!

4 Likes

This looks awesome! Still want to play with all the pups!

2 Likes

Were you concerned about what the material was for the dry erase board? I have some odds and ends small boards around here and could play with it…just didn’t know how to tell if they are laser safe with the white dry erase coating. …she says as she eyes this torn up Tech room and can see 3 dry erase boards from her chair sitting on the floor…

4 Likes

Generally I think it’s okay - either a porcelain or polyurethane based 2-part coating. But I’ve seen it mentioned that vinyl has been used for some dry erase board surfaces. It would be worth either chasing down an SDS or doing the copper wire flame test.

3 Likes

Looks so good. I also love working with the smoke stains.

Those smoke stains can take a project up to the next level. You should see smoke stains on leather. Wow just Wow. I create these leather bracelets and the smoke stains instantly make the bracelets vintage. SSM

2 Likes

The website said it contained no PVC’s.

3 Likes

OMG! Jimmy … I am so glad you said something about leather!!! I have not used the initial leather I got way back when I got my laser a couple of years ago…I had heard how bad it smelled (burning flesh I think someone described it as) … so the initial piece and a few other little pieces I bought have been sitting in a container waiting … and waiting … until one day when I could make my GF stop smelling so bad just with acrylic! We installed an inline duct fan and I can’t even smell the acrylic cut now…I think I am going to have to try that leather in the very near future … only hubby needs to figure out how to attach the fan to the new rolling cart I bought from Menards last weekend. Excited as we will be able to move the GF around easier with the pass through!!!

My hair is long (was long-ER) and I’d like to have one of those leather pony tail holders with the stick in them (do they have a name?) I’d also like to try a few other small things so glad you mentioned leather — and will have to let the smoke stain it. Dang … and there is a Tandy leather store within an hour from my house…no no no I have to get some other projects done first…will power…

5 Likes

Sorry couldn’t resist :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Very Cool!

2 Likes

You are not the first person to use that reference with me … especially when I start talking about ideas I have for projects with my GF! If only I could design 1/10th as fast as I can come up with ideas in my head. LOL

2 Likes

I went digging for your prior one to compare, and yes that one is cool but I really love the look of this one!

1 Like

Thank You