More Minis

These are ones I designed from scratch after browsing Pinterest for inspiration. I happen to be working on a rocking chair pattern right now!

I also have about 6 other chair backs designed and ready to try, but I’m out of thin balsa. I’ve got some 5x5x1/16" scraps of mystery hardwood, though; maybe I’ll try out some of those. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh, wow. You just keep upping your game!

1 Like

For the record, that banana is WAY beyond the stage where it can be eaten.

1 Like

Did someone say Banana Bread?

2 Likes

These are fantastic! Such nice finishing… You really need to stage a scene that’s looks full sized and then another with a reveal!

If you need thin wood, look at the stir sticks in the paint section of your local hardware store… Very cheap and very thin! There were various thicknesses last I looked.

1 Like

I’m reminded of the Nutshells made by Frances Glessner Lee (the mother of forensic science). They’re usually in Baltimore but sometimes get loaned out to museums.

5 Likes

I have tried making mini furniture but haven’t perfected the art they way you have.

But, I love making mini buildings for mine and my friends model trains. At least to me it’s very relaxing. I get my ideas from real train yards, books and the old imagination…

2 Likes

You can’t leave our beautiful Pacific Northwest!!! At least not until then end of our beautiful summer!!! :slight_smile: What place can be better than here???

3 Likes

Which days is that? I might be able to make it :wink: :umbrella:

3 Likes

Yeah, my husband thought I should do some of those. I passed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No place is better than the PNW! But my parents need our help, and they’re in Texas, and now our grandkids are too, so we’ve gotta go. :frowning: We’re not going until Novemberish, though, so I’ll get one more summer here.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised. We’ve had some darned hot summers the past few years! And triple digits is NOT FUN when you don’t have AC.

2 Likes

How do you do this, come up with all the amazing and perfectly executed creations! Such an inspiration.

3 Likes

I dunno…Sometimes I can’t think of anything and nothing I try comes out right…other times stuff just starts pouring out of my brain and I can’t make it fast enough to keep up. :wink: I’m just riding the wave while it lasts!

6 Likes

At least you are only going half-way across the country!!!

1 Like

If you are moving to Texas, you can’t make 1:12 scale models!!! Everything in Texas has to be at least 2X!!! At least that is what my friends from there tell me! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Might be a Plantain :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fantastic work!!!

I have SO MUCH SCRAP that this would be perfect for… but then what do I do with all of the small furniture and such? Maybe make a YouTube channel showing small mice, hedgehogs or other small and cute and furry animals using the furniture? Oh wait… done… and several times over. Can you believe those channels are getting hundreds of thousands of subscribers?!

Oh well… I’ll have to think of something else then.

4 Likes

Disagree… looks like the sweet spot to me. I’m all for ripe sweet bananas, no green for me.

1-2 days after this? Too late, starts to get alcoholic… then it’s ready for banana bread.

4 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like