Most recent engrave: mezcal

https://www.google.com/search?q=target+acacia+board&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X

1 Like

for reference, this is the one i engraved.

5 Likes

not an overwhelming smoke profile

The rest of the description sounds legit… that detail makes it interesting to me.

I love tequila (products of Fortaleza, el Pandilla, and La Altena being my favorites, generally). And generally do not like mezcal exactly because of the emphasis on smoke.

Is it available on the west coast anywhere?

1 Like

southern california is our next target. hoping to be there by the end of the year, if not sooner. the lower smoke profile was intentional as it makes a more flexible cocktail mezcal. high smoke profiles can overwhelm a lot of drinks.

locations it’s available here: http://www.maximomezcal.com/689-2/

but it can be ordered online if your state allows it from potomac wines & spirits in DC.

1 Like

Ooooo, very smooth looking.

1 Like

we should have reposado and anejo by next year. right now we’re just at joven.

3 Likes

I have one of those Acacia boards from Target that I intend to engrave, but it has a bark edge that has a blatant gap in it. They had to use two pieces but didn’t bother to mate them well. I guess I’ll just tear off the bark and sand down that edge. Your really nice result has me motivated.

Anyone have a source for such woods that isn’t so marked up? In the Wisconsin area…?

2 Likes

Not to go too far off the subject but the grain in the wood could be used for horror stories better than selling liquor. Every time I look at it, it is looking back.

2 Likes

added a bottle opener (both sides) with engraved veneer with some scraps from my office. should have masked the shandy side.

have a couple more of these to play with and they were only $7 for 3 of them. Probably ought to make the art a little smaller. but this works well.

6 Likes

Wait until you’ve tossed back a few shot and then…

Run away!

1 Like

I don’t drink Mezcal, but I’m highly tempted.

1 Like

They all look great! Should sell well. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@jamesdhatch is right. it only gets worse, man. it only gets worse. don’t worry about that noise in the basement.

3 Likes

Neat and clean, the way I like my drinks.

1 Like

It’s the eyes that worry me !
John :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Did you post your settings in “Beyond The Manual?” Turned out beautifully.

thanks. no, i didn’t. but there’s probably a 1000, a 70, and a 340 in there somewhere. :wink:

6 Likes

I’ll look for it wink-wink-nudge-nudge

1 Like
2 Likes