"Mouse Ears" Ear Savers

I don’t know about molecules, but Apple is under the impression they have copyrighted fruit.

1 Like

This is why Disney and Apple, et al, are so rigorous in their defense of tradmarks and copyrights and patents. A generic trademark , also known as a genericised trademark or proprietary eponym, is a trademark or brand name that, because of its popularity or significance, has become the generic term for, or synonymous with, a general class of product or service, usually against the intentions of the trademark’s owner.

Maybe call them “ear rings.”

And look at how many of us immediately associated them with Mickey Mouse. Just sayin’…

Just an update here - I do have this listed on my Etsy shop as “Mouse Ears”. Many have mentioned they “love their mickey ears” in their reviews, so I know there’s no denying they look similar. I am also hyper aware of the copyright / trademark laws. I’m very careful not to describe or include Disney, and if I do get a warning, I will remove them from my shop. (Not worth it in my opinion).

2 Likes

With a little design work, it can be made to look like a pretzel twist. I don’t think that shape is copyrighted. Regardless, I’d rather take my chances with Rold Gold than with the big mouse.

1 Like