My beautiful RED shiny Tesla!

Is this a referral code link?

1 Like

Pretty! I got my blue one just a few weeks ago.

6 Likes

I thought you must be hating yours. I didn’t see any videos after the pickup.

2 Likes

yes it is a referral for my son…click pic below and it takes you to his referral page.

http://ts.la/scott4455

if he gets I think one more referral he will get a set of custom wheels…and I will get the charger and the mini kid version of the Model S to drive because I got him his other referrals. personally having something “etched” and shot into space as a referral doesn’t thrill me…I have a Glowforge. :rofl:

1 Like

I lucked out with timing, I almost didn’t order the red because of cost but fiance looked at my spreadsheet comparison of the options and said it was only $16 a month and when I have up my daily Starbucks, it saved that much in a week… so we ordered and then the price went down $1K on the car and they honored the decreased price as I hadn’t taken delivery… so it ended up the same price as the others.

the blue is very pretty. we have several in Kansas City… actually this was a meetup of Tesla Owners of Kansas Cith and St Louis…we met up in Ozark, MO

I never did get around to stitching these photos together…

2 Likes

Definitely need to meet up and get a ride next time I’m in KC. Very pretty.

I’ve been really entertained by Rich Rebuilds on YouTube. Before watching him, I was just not giving any mental space to the EV thing or Tesla. Not buying for a while, so not interested. But his rebuild sagas are pretty informative.

And now that GM is going to discontinue the Impala, I guess I’ll be getting something different when I’m ready to buy a new car, I hope in ten years if not before. Hmm. Ten years with a ICE. Will they be around?

1 Like

Not sure where this notion of EV catching fires from standing water came from- but its not true. Majority of the damage is to the interior. Not the electronics.

Secondly, most EVs have either have contactors or explosive fuses to protect the high voltage side of things.

So for those new Tesla owners that have noticed a clunk sound when they approach their vehicle, that’s the car enabling the high voltage side of the pack to the inverter to the motors. Same goes for charging.

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to make a video but it seems like the universe is against me. It gets dark so early this time of year that I can’t do it during the week, and every weekend it’s either bad weather or something comes up that steals the whole day from me. I even bought gopros and mounts for inside the car but it looks terrible unless I can get some daylight. Yesterday I got up early to do this and ended up helping a friend fix his thermostat, then ran an errand, and got home at 6:30 in the dark. Today it’s raining. The car is fine but I’m feeling really down about the whole video situation.

2 Likes

You’ll get back too it soon I’m sure. Keep up the good work on your videos.

marmak3261

Regular

December 16

I’ve been really entertained by Rich Rebuilds on YouTube. Before watching him, I was just not giving any mental space to the EV thing or Tesla. Not buying for a while, so not interested. But his rebuild sagas are pretty informative.

And now that GM is going to discontinue the Impala, I guess I’ll be getting something different when I’m ready to buy a new car, I hope in ten years if not before. Hmm. Ten years with a ICE. Will they be around?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

Previous Replies

Livein3D

Owner

December 16

the blue is very pretty. we have several in Kansas City… actually this was a meetup of Tesla Owners of Kansas Cith and St Louis…we met up in Ozark, MO

Livein3D

Owner

December 16

I lucked out with timing, I almost didn’t order the red because of cost but fiance looked at my spreadsheet comparison of the options and said it was only $16 a month and when I have up my daily Starbucks, it saved that much in a week… so we ordered and then the price went down $1K on the car and they honored the decreased price as I hadn’t taken delivery… so it ended up the same price as the others.

Livein3D

Owner

December 16

yes it is a referral for my son…click pic below and it takes you to his referral page.

[tesla.com](https://www.tesla.com/referral/scott4455)

Tesla Supercharging Credit and Extended Solar Warranty

You can use my Tesla referral link for a Supercharging credit on Model S, Model X or Model 3, or a 5-year extended warranty on solar panels.

if he gets I think one more referral he will get a set of custom wheels…and I will get the charger and the mini kid version of the Model S to drive because I got him his other referrals. personally having something “etched” and shot into space as a referral doesn’t thrill me…I have a Glowforge.

dystracktd

Owner

December 16

chris1

December 16

Pretty! I got my blue one just a few weeks ago.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

chris1

December 16

dystracktd:

I’ve been trying to make a video but it seems like the universe is against me. It gets dark so early this time of year that I can’t do it during the week, and every weekend it’s either bad weather or something comes up that steals the whole day from me. I even bought gopros and mounts for inside the car but it looks terrible unless I can get some daylight. Yesterday I got up early to do this and ended up helping a friend fix his thermostat, then ran an errand, and got home at 6:30 in the dark. Today it’s raining. The car is fine but I’m feeling really down about the whole video situation.

In Reply To

dystracktd

Owner

December 16

Previous Replies

karaelena

Regular

December 16

Not sure where this notion of EV catching fires from standing water came from- but its not true. Majority of the damage is to the interior. Not the electronics.

Secondly, most EVs have either have contactors or explosive fuses to protect the high voltage side of things.

So for those new Tesla owners that have noticed a clunk sound when they approach their vehicle, that’s the car enabling the high voltage side of the pack to the inverter to the motors. Same goes for charging.

marmak3261

Regular

December 16

Livein3D

Owner

December 16

Livein3D

Owner

December 16

Livein3D

Owner

December 16

[tesla.com](https://www.tesla.com/referral/scott4455)

Tesla Supercharging Credit and Extended Solar Warranty

You can use my Tesla referral link for a Supercharging credit on Model S, Model X or Model 3, or a 5-year extended warranty on solar panels.

if he gets I think one more referral he will get a set of custom wheels…and I will get the charger and the mini kid version of the Model S to drive because I got him his other referrals. personally having something “etched” and shot into space as a referral doesn’t thrill me…I have a Glowforge.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hands down best car I’ve ever owned.
It was the one my wife learned to drive in, that her mother bought new. The one I poured my time and treasure into, rebuilding with Shelby spec. suspension and HP engine. New interior and original color.

Google Photos

Because it was MY car, attention to detail like the hand tied wire loom.

Google Photos

My baby for 20 years, until I drove this out of the service center…

Google Photos

Totally unanticipated, but I have no desire to drive the car that constantly drew looks, comments and even had a guy follow me home to ask if I would restore his.

The other surprise was that I don’t even miss the deep exhaust note, and I can’t look at an exhaust pipe in traffic without seeing the ass end of a motor vehicle. :no_mouth:

“Motor vehicle” - on a side note, General motors, Ford Motor Company, BMW - all of em… to be clear, a motor consumes energy, an engine develops energy. A Tesla has a motor. The rest have engines.

I would have liked to pay less, but I couldn’t be happier with our long range dual motor Model 3.
(Oh, and a bonus is the Tesla makes the Mustang feel slow.)

If you would like to know what the sensors on your Tesla sees… reminds me of what the Terminator robot readout looked like :grimacing:

Fine looking motor vehicles you have there people, welcome to the future.

5 Likes

you forgot to mention regenerative braking that Tesla has…which also cuts down on brake wear. I rarely touch the brake in my car. :grin:

2 Likes

Must be pretty rare though because flooded teslas are more often than not salvaged with there battery packs still fully functional. Prehaps the Japanese ones were left flooded for a very long time. Or maybe they weren’t teslas as Tesla doesn’t tend to have dealerships. Thermal runaway is a pretty slow process. Normally taking 20min or more after a major battery rupture to flames. (Gas cars burn a lot quicker after crashes). Bias fan boy here though. You are right. Don’t hang out in a flooded EV but I wouldn’t panic either. If the main lines short there is an auto cut off so battery rupture or water making its way into the sealed battery pack is all you really need to worry about with Teslas. Can’t speak to other EV though.

1 Like

No kidding. This car will probably never need a break job! We break just to stop from 2 MPH.
Because it’s connected, it is already improved since I bought it - like our Glowforges.

1 Like

Some days are good days…

…and some days are the BESTEST days ever!!!

LOL yep these are all real…

1 Like

You may never need new brake pads, but you WILL need brake service from time to time. People who have gone over 100k miles without brake service have had calipers freeze up. You need a brake service to clean the calipers, pistons, etc.

Normally, cars have these components cleaned when the pads are being changed, which happens long before you NEED to clean stuff… Cars with regen braking reverse that, and will need cleaning long before they need new pads.

3 Likes

??? Not really.

Motors are the things that supply motive force for something else. For your drive train, an ICE or an electric motor can provide motive force. On the other hand, a water wheel can motor your mill.

Engines are where motive force is created - some source of energy is converted into mechanical energy. An engine can be an ICE (combustive expansion to movement), an electric motor (electromagnetic to movement), even steam engine or a heat engine (thermal expansion/contraction to movement)… if it’s where the physical power is being created, it’s an engine for the vehicle’s motion.

A conventional car engine (ICE) is both motor (turns the shaft) and engine (turns gasoline into motion.)

An electric car’s motor is both motor (turns the shaft) and engine (converts electricty into motion.)

An engine, more broadly, is anything that converts from one form to another… your creativity is an engine for clever ideas. That’s really what the word comes from - ingenium, Latin for “talent” or “device” - an idea or thing created. Ingenious comes from the same root as engine… and this is also why those who design things are engineers. (They don’t just work with locomotive engines.)

Ooops… long-winded walk down etymology lane over… I return you to your normal conversation…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.