My first layered art - Teacher's Apple

What a great idea and design, also I love the enthusiasm of these students!

3 Likes

This is AMAZING - if you ever decide to sell it; please add a link as I would LOVE to purchase it.

2 Likes

Because of all the kind comments and requests, I have been working on getting this design submitted to the Glowforge Catalog. It can take up to a month to show up there in my experience. But, if it is accepted and published, I will add a link to this post.

2 Likes

Wow, this is the best layered design Iā€™ve seen! Your perspective gives it great depth. I agree the colors are too intenseā€¦maybe just stain the wood for a sepia-toned creation? If I was a teacher, Iā€™d be thrilled to get this gift. I hope it shows up in the catalog.

3 Likes

Wow, that is some high praise! I donā€™t know that I agree, because I have seen some amazing layered designs here. But I did try to incorporate more perspective illusions to give it more depth. (Again, I usually focus more on technical designs than artistic onesā€¦)

2 Likes

Iā€™m a technical-oriented person. All the flair in the world does nothing for me; but something like this impresses the heck out of me.

2 Likes

Well, I forgot to link this after it was published!

I only just remembered because I am making more for teacher gifts again this year!

5 Likes