My first project - diploma and ruler

Got my Glowforge Basic today, up and running in less than an Hr. Ran basic ruler on store bought Basswood, turned out great. Already on second project, scan of diploma, choose HD setting, long process and engrave time (1 hr. 45 min) will let you know how it comes out.

Completed Diploma and some other artwork. Wasn’t very happy with diploma, did it using trace from paper copy, will try again with a jpeg scan. The third piece “Luther’s Seal” came out quite good.DIPLOMAluthers%20seal%20engrave

28 Likes

Oh hey, a diploma is a great idea!

3 Likes

Looks great! :grinning:

1 Like

Congratulations and have fun!

1 Like

I was thinking of doing my wife’s diplomas with AlumaMark. I think it would look great on metal.

2 Likes

You might want to consider engraving a prepainted metal sheet, might be far less expensive than alumamark. A very small example:

https://community.glowforge.com/t/metal-business-cards/18682

I got a set of these cards, they end up looking great. Maybe there’s a similar larger product?

1 Like

Looking good! I’m interested to see the diploma.

1 Like

Congratulations at getting everything set up … And knocking out your first projects.

1 Like

When my son graduated Syracuse a couple of years ago they offered a variety of diploma upgrade packages including a lasered one for something like $250. I scoffed because I had a laser (not the GF yet though).

I’m amazed at what people will pay for something I can do & take for granted :slightly_smiling_face: But I have also calculated the cost in time/materials for some of these things and then realized it’s not so unreasonable as I thought at first glance :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you for the additional option!

I’m all about saving so I can buy more materials for the Glowforge.

Who says diplomas have to be on paper? Great thinking - can’t wait to see what’s next.

1 Like