My First Sign!

I have earring cards with Made With Light as a motto.
The wife says the cards are as much a conversation starter as the earrings.

I imagine this sign will be the highlight of many a get together for the same reason.

The colors really make this signage pop…

6 Likes

This is really lovely…and the thought that you made something that your mom wished to have for their new home. Mum’s the word. Mom’s the word?

3 Likes

Wow! What can I say that hasn’t already been said? Oh yeah, ROLL TIDE!

4 Likes

Oh gosh, it’s lovely! The colors, the layout, the font selections, the layers…all of it! I can’t believe it’s your first sign. How many projects have you made on a Glowforge? Ha! I am sure she’ll love it!!

3 Likes

Oh, I’ve made tons of stuff, but as far as I can remember, I haven’t ever made a sign before. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The sign was a hit. Dad insisted it had to be hung on the door rather than inside their apartment, “so everyone can see it,” :blush:

7 Likes

Even doing exactly the same design yours would just look nicer, and a much better than most design sense also.

3 Likes

Is the oak frame natural grain or did you score that?

It’s white oak hardwood plywood. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did the laser cut it? and if so how thick?, and if so where can you get white ok, i like that white oak…

Oops, sorry, I meant to say plywood, not hardwood! I got it from https://smokeyhilldesigns.com/

I love how kind and heartfelt this gift is. You’ve done such a beautiful job!

I can’t hardly wait to get my own and get started (though I am nervous!)

Bravo! So beautifully done!

3 Likes

Hardwoods are pretty easy to source. Here’s a huge list.

4 Likes

Ruth, it is so beautiful! They will so enjoy seeing this every day. Very well done!!!

4 Likes

Absolutely beautiful

3 Likes

It looks awesome…your Mom will love it!

2 Likes

love this, its awesome

1 Like

yes my wife loves that shade of Blue

2 Likes

So beautiful! Very well done. Thank you for sharing your process; I am a total newbie, and am learning a lot. :blush:

2 Likes

I may have missed it but what glue are you using…I have heard everything from Gorilla glue to 2 part epoxy to E6000
Just wondering what your is…looks nice and clean!

1 Like