Name Plate

We have a friend from our church group who has been recently struggling with all of the ramifications of merging the charity she has run for several years into another local charity. She commented on that the other day and what she needs to remember when things starting nagging at her.

I decided to make a sign for her desk that expresses the sentiments for her to keep in mind. On the other side, I engraved her name… with a small twist to acknowledge those people who sometimes call her by the wrong name.

Plaque is PG Medium Maple. Engraved, scored and cut on one side, then took it out of the main board and flipped it and then engraved the reverse side.

For the base, I used a top layer of PG Medium Maple, with a 0.131" wide slot cut out in the middle. I then cut a same size piece of thick draft board for the bottom layer, with no center slot. I glued those two pieces together, and inserted and glued the plaque in place.

24 Likes

Love the sentiment and all the fonts! But where’s Comic Sans or Papyrus?:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Papyrus is the biggest font in the middle

5 Likes

You know I looked at it but was wondering about “karen” under it and got distracted. :grinning:

2 Likes

ROFL! So did I. :rofl:

Easy to trap some of us with something like that.

3 Likes

Lovely project!

2 Likes

Nice Work!

2 Likes

A very thoughtful gift that no doubt will always bring her a smile. The twist on her name is delightful!

1 Like