Name Snowflakes

Oh, I really must give this a try. They all look great, and yet each one is different.

4 Likes

Absolutely love these.

Will have to make for our two grandchildren.

7 Likes

Totally forgot about those! I’m getting like my grandpa…he’d repeat something someone had just said 5 minutes before as though it was a brand new, original thought. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Like on Gilligan’s Island!

1 Like

How do you make these?

Type a name, make a copy and flip it, then rotate the two of them 6 times. Adjust spacing as desired to make it look good. :slight_smile:

In pictures:

13 Likes

That was so easy! Thank you, I really appreciate the help! :blush:

1 Like

what program did you use. TY :slight_smile:

Affinity Designer

OK Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you use Illustrator, here is a good tutorial for the name snowflakes. You would just use the same principles using names instead of an object:

http://vectorvice.com/Blog/2015/02/duplicating-a-shape-around-a-circle-in-adobe-illustrator-tutorial/

5 Likes

Spectacular!

1 Like

You know, I needed that visual!

1 Like

Thank you, but I can’t seem to open this link.

Looks like their server is having issues. Hopefully it will be back soon!

2 Likes

When you say you “cut them out” how did you get the cuts to outline around the font exactly? I love what you are doing here, I just can’t figure out how to make the cut different than where is engraved. Thanks

I used the outline feature in Glowforge Premium to make the cut lines. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

If don’t have Premium but are using Illustrator:
select your text
then Create Outlines
then under Pathfinder>>Unite path
then under Object>>Path>>Offset path

That is a huge help as I don’t have Premium. Thank you.

One question, what does your object look like after those steps? When I follow what you outlined the text seems to disappear unless I move the cursor over the object. Is that what is supposed to happen? Any idea what I am missing?