Need help as I obviously have no clue

Well there you go. Persistence pays off. :slight_smile:

Looks good to me.

5 Likes

I would definitely be proud of that. Beautiful job. :smiley:

Good for you!! 10 hours of going back and forth IS learning. I can still play with the image tonight But This does look good.

If you want the image to look smoother instead of using vary power (which is what’s making the cake cut deeply, and the face not at all) use one of the dithering options - you’ll probably like it better

Just for fun here are some to try

5 Likes

5 Likes

WOW! These look great! Can you give me a general run down of how you manipulated it? And it is in a jpg, so that is the one that GF will recognize too etch. I will still need to put an ornament shape over it to make it cut, correct?

They are in PNG. I would place them in Illustrator or Ink scape then add the vector cut lines around them.

I raised the dpi and lowered the over all inches. I copied the color layer then clicked on the small rectangle next to the fx symbol at the bottom of the layer panel and picked black and white adjustment layer. You then get color sliders you can play with. I also saved layer comps of different combinations.

I added layer styles to make the back ground more fun. Go to Layers the pick layer styles.

Photoshop is a powerful tool box. But it takes a while to learn how to use all the tools.
I recommend

I have been learning for 20 plus years and there are still things I don’t know how to use in Photoshop.

5 Likes

I think it looks great (a corgi owner myself :slight_smile: )

Thank you very much…all kinda greek to me, so this gives me something to play with. And thanks for the links to the classes. Does anyone else feel like they need an extra 24 hours in each day? And last question. My practices have been on 1/8 in birch plywood. you guys think quality will be better on regular wood?

2 Likes

Sometimes, but often not - the deep grain in solid wood can often cause inconsistent results.

1 Like

I think it’s pretty darn cute!

2 Likes

I want to have all my toys to have been in my possession back in 1965!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.