Need Recommendations

Hi everyone,

Can someone please share some links where you’re getting your 12x20 Basswood 1/4 inch thick.
I just can’t afford the Glowforge prices anymore.
I did get a sheet from lowes but its still sitting there bc i don’t have a saw at the moment. so, not even sure if what i got from Lowes will work yet.
What I did find on Amazon didn’t work or they are out of stock.
Making puzzles so it needs to be 1/4 inch thick.
thank you,
Mechelle

1 Like

CraftCloset.com sells several different kinds of wood, sized for the GlowForge. Most of them come in both 1/8 and 1/4 inch thickness. Not sure if they have basswood but it is worth a look.

3 Likes

Ocooch has basswood in 8x24 sheets. They will cut into 12" lengths if you specify that when you order.

https://ocoochhardwoods.com/scroll-saw-lumber/basswood/

3 Likes

thank you !!

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

I Googled 1/4" basswood and got tons of sources.

1 Like

+1 for @dklgood.

In general, 1A:

3 Likes

yes, i know, but i was asking for some that ppl have tried out and they know it’s good quality. (recommendations )

thanks

1 Like

Hi all, I started using a place called MACBEATH HARDWOOD the are local to me here in Salt Lake City but I no longer have the ability to cut a full sheet. I started ordering full sheets and have them cut it for me. they do a 12 x 20 out of a 5 foot sheet I get 15 boards per sheet. The wood comes from :
slight_smile: 1/8" Baltic Birch Plywood Pack (Choose Your Size) - Woodworkers Source

You may want to take a look at them.

1 Like

This is great .
thanks so much !

I have used https://www.homedepot.com/b/Lumber-Composites-Plywood-Project-Panels/Columbia-Forest-Products/N-5yc1vZc7hmZ5uf?storeSelection=

And they work very well and reasonably priced

1 Like

This is exactly what everyone has posted — Nobody posts sites that they don’t like. Take advantage of the literal years of effort that we’ve all put in here, we did it for you and everyone else who came after. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m aware of that
thanks

Oh cool! That list from @evansd2 was helpful! Basswood is my go to wood and I didn’t realize there were so many options.

Trying them out and reporting back! I need to use the search function more…it does save time :confused:

1 Like