New wood choices for earring choices

I picked up 8 pieces of 1/8 x 3 x 24 at a local wood shop on my way home.

1. bloodwood
    2)Canary wood
  2. Zebrawood
  3. Mahogany
  4. Walnut fig
  5. Lati
  6. Purpleheart
    8 Bocote

Maybe now I’ll finish up the earring file I keep putting off. :woman_facepalming:t4:. Such pretty colors.image

28 Likes

Nice spread. You’ll probably be interested in #6:

6 Likes

Very nice! And the earrings look lovely!

3 Likes

These are beautiful. Love that zebrawood!

3 Likes

Some pretty choices.

2 Likes

Beautiful wood. I wish I could pick up such beautiful wood on my way home. Alas, no one near me carries these beauties.

2 Likes

Curious as to what they charged for the micro lumber. And maybe the store’s name.

Also, here is a resource for all kinds of lumber. Thick, thin, micro-you name it. I’ve bought some stuff from them. I also have all the tools I need to cut it down to what I want… but some of you may find it useful. I have no relationship other than as an occasional customer.

2 Likes

A place called woodcraft. The 8 pieces of wood were approximately $10 each. Give or take, but they will sell easily at my markets and I’ll make my money back in no time.

1 Like

Thanks

Thank you

Thank you very much

1 Like

Thanks so much

woodcraft is great if you want immediate gratification and are ok with their 3" width limitation. i still have some sheets i bought from them 3 yrs ago because i rarely need pieces that small.

cook is a good option, as is ocooch if you’re looking for wider pieces. i’ve bought 8-10" wide boards at 1/8 and 1/16 from ocooch in a bunch of different exotics.

2 Likes

Same.

Basically if it’s less than 5" wide I don’t even consider it anymore.

1 Like

i will if i have a specific use for it.

but you and i like making boxes with exotics, and a 3" wide piece makes for a tiny box. if you’re making earrings, you have a ton more flexibility.

I just bought from ocooch last week. I buy from them all the time. I’ve bought exotics from them as well. The earrings are from the wood I bought from them a while back. Thanks.

I know it well! I practically owned stock in the Hawaii store, I bought so much stuff there. Haven’t seen lumber like that at mine, but them I wasn’t looking.