Wow. Can you imagine if that all came crashing down? That’s crazy. Those cables must be tight if the pole broke up there.
dibs on using this for the title of my next album.
Spend a fortune on a generator and the power will never go out again.
Don’t ask me how I know.
20 years ago, when we first moved into this house, i got laid off and was freelancing from home for a while. at that time, we’d get “blips” of power outages 4-5 times a week. no more than 15-20 seconds. but that was back when i was working on a desktop computer. i had to go buy a UPS just so i didn’t lose all my work every time it happened.
thank god for laptops, never lose a file. just connection to the remote server if i’m doing work from home.
oh, and test of one cube is done, no issues w/the scoop. the char seemed spread out a little more and maybe a little messier. so i’m going to try running a sheet of masking over the set of 32 cubes after they’re in the jig and maybe need less sanding.
One could argue that your investment is actually working in this case
That’s my philosophy. It solved the problem either way.
About 12 years ago the power went out in the entire office complex I was working in (someone hit a transformer 2 blocks away) EXCEPT I didn’t know because my laptop was still running and my floor lamp was still on - there is a cemetery on the other side of the wall it was plugged into. We still believe that outlet is ghost powered.
here’s after the first row side is done on the first set of blocks with half rotated, one column ready to rotate, and the other 3 still under the masking.
For sure. We did the same thing. After a year where we lost power a half dozen times one winter I got the genu, wired it into the house and went nearly 10 years s before we needed the generator.
Did the same thing with a monster snowblower. After a winter where the snow went all the way to the eaves on the garage, I got a big snowblower and the next 3 years ended up using it only a couple of times a year. We had a stretch where we’d only get these piddling inch or so snows.
Decided it was not a waste of money - just insurance. Didn’t matter the hardware wasn’t used if having it prevented needing it.
Those look great! I’m late to the party, but have run up against this challenge, too.
Next time, I’ll probably 3D print a replacement scoop/hood with a more acute angle - parallel to the bed and no taller (lower?) than the low edge of the fan mount.
Can you just do one row of them at a time and lay things out so the scoop never actually has to clear them?
it was just enough to hit even doing the first row. i couldn’t do a single test cube.
so, fyi, no scoop definitely means more smoke that lasts longer. the air assist blows it all to the front and it seems to funnel well around that left side when it’s on. when it’s off, it just kinda floats in the machine and more slowly heads toward the back left.
also, now i should come up w/something to do with 128 2" squares of 1/8" BB.
it was 64 per jig, ended up having to make a second jig because the second batch of cubes he sent me was .02" bigger and were just a bit too tight to fit. *sigh
Before I discovered that my problem was magnets I had carefully studied what the bower was accomplishing. Without the air movement, the cut makes a little fire like a candle flame. The flame blocks the radiation and the cut is not as deep as it is otherwise. I suspect that much “not cutting all the way through” may be tied to that phenomenon, even when the airflow is interrupted by a dropoff at the edge of the material.
i haven’t noticed that at all. it’s engraving deeply as ever. running at 1000/full/270.
Engraving is easier as each pass is the same depth as the one before. There is just more smoke (though fired smoke can damage the front of the engrave) it is cutting through that the flame reduces the power and the cut does not go through.