Our overheating solution

So I want to blow air directly into the Intake underneath, thus the reason for the Open Shelving is that correct ? Thank you

yes, i’m sure that’s part of the value of what the OP did. or you could cut a hole in the table beneath. but really, if you found a way to funnel the air toward that bottom right corner, that’s probably fine unless it’s really hot in the room.

1 Like

What can I do to improve this set up now. I have the AC right next to the right hand side do I need to funnel it inside the Unit. ?

You could raise the Glowforge by putting it on some 1" wood stock. There are two runners under it that keep it raised a bit off the table but putting it on something to increase the space between the bottom & the table will allow more air to get in.

The other thing to check is to make sure you’re only using 10ft of hose and no more than two 90 degree bends so it’s easier for the exhaust to get the air out of the Glowforge. While you’re at it make sure there are no obstructions in the hose.

i guess the question comes down to: is it working like that? if not, then yes, create something to funnel air directly to the bottom right and not let it blow wider around the unit. my guess is what you have done should work, but the proof is in the pudding. ya gotta try it and tell us.

2 Likes

Your image really looks like the cold air coming out of the portable AC will be going under the table and not up into the glowforge. The cold air need to flow by and around the glowforge but specifically it needs the ability to enter the glowforge under the right side of the glowforge.

3 Likes

Yes it worked really well, 2 hours 20 minutes engrave and not a hitch, but now I have another issue , my crumb tray seems to be off by almost a 1/4 inch , im wondering does your tray lay perfectly flat with no teeter .

I just posted this picture in another thread as sometimes my 1/4 foam gets bumped when it should not , thinking this may be the problem, what is yours like.

I did raise the AC , thank you . In sneezing because its so cold in here now. lol

1 Like