Painted Canvas

@reynoso @gooddog Thank you both for the kind words and encouragement, you are perfect examples as to why this forum is so important to so many people.

4 Likes

While normally I would be on board with trying to eliminate banding - on this it looks like you’ve captured the aurora!

7 Likes

No, not tired at all! I like learning from the experimentation. This one came out great!

On, and happy Cakeday @reynoso!

7 Likes

Nope, very interesting in your experiments. In fact I have two tiles in my machine right now ready for doing some trials on.

4 Likes

Never!! I think they are fantastic and have enjoyed watching your progress. (Also, I just love the moose.) I, for one, hope you keep them coming. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They are fun to do aren’t they? I am working on a new set now. Might post later today.

4 Likes

No…they’re great…and so much fun. You never know exactly what you’re going to get when they’re finished. My grandson and I prepared a bunch of these boards for future projects. He made one out of one of his own drawings to give to his ‘other’ grandma.

5 Likes

You pegged the Northern Lights!

3 Likes

It’s beautiful! We like to see everything!

2 Likes

Give us more!!! Incredible and extremely creative.

2 Likes

Can u share your print settings? I want to try this on canvas board. I’m thinking

1. fine print on masked canvas first
  2. cover parts and spray with mask still on to get basic color spots
  3. Remove masking, cover parts of canvas and apply paints
    4.Apply final layer layer
  4. Final etch

This is what I use on canvas. Sometimes I increase the lpi.

4 Likes

Keep ‘em coming! They’re beautiful! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks @ovm.steve I’m using acrylic on canvas, so a bit different, but will share the result using these settings.

That’s my image. It’s called “The Venetian and The Mummy”

My canvas has been gasso’d with layers of
Blue/yellow + green
Blue/red + purple
Yellow/red + orange
50/50 green / purple
Brown derived from remaining green/purple mix and some raw sienna with white to lighten.

Wish me luck

4 Likes

Good luck; can’t wait to see the results.

I like the thought of trying acrylics. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

Sadly it didn’t come out well at all. I sprayed it over and now have a play paint board to get into the creative swing. - find a way to turn any failure into a success :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I don’t have any idea how many things I tried before I got a result that didn’t embarrass me :laughing:

2 Likes

Good Luck!