Parametric Box from Free Laser Design

Hey the first one opens just fine, as long as you dont glue it shut, and don’t mind setting the lid off to the side. :wink:

3 Likes

So which format do you think I should download for the GF? (Once I get mine?) DXF? any advantage over which to use for the GF?

Or if you wanted to keep it as a snapfit box with one side removable, just make 1 tab (or 2) on one of the pieces that will be the removable one longer so they overhang to pop open the top. Not sure about the wear and tear on the tabs as you “open” and “Close” the box, but you don’t have to worry about a hinge and for quick present boxes or advent calendar boxes, it would make them easy to pop open to see the surprise inside…

1 Like

Received it today! Thank you @cynd11!

Is it weird to geek out over a little wooden box? I mean, I’ve never handled a laser cut craft item like this and there is something insanely satisfying about feeling it just click together! LOL!

I have to say, after studying the lines for a few minutes they are straight as an arrow, no little wobbles like there are with so many other machines (particularly vinyl cutters)

Can’t wait to get my hands on a GF!

6 Likes