Pendulum Clock - Alice in Wonderland

This is wonderful.and whimsical!

6 Likes

Wow! Very nice clock. Where did you get the mechanism?

4 Likes

I have replaced, or created clocks using, mechanisms purchased from Amazon.

3 Likes

I got the mechanism on Amazon.

3 Likes

Such a fun clock!!!

4 Likes

I absolutely love and adore your clock.

I also love your style and whimsy personality.

3 Likes

That is amazing!

3 Likes

Nice work!

2 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

If you ever go bigger, we’ve discussed those mechanisms previously:

2 Likes

I have a clock from when I grew up in Africa, my parents had two and on one trip over to visit them (in the UK) I asked if I could have one - brings back memories.

It hangs on my “Africa wall” behind me in my living room, with pictures/paintings/prints and laser-cut stuff, and a beautiful, big traditional hand-carved mask. I even remember where we bought that when I was about 8yrs old (Pretoria, outside the zoo, where natives set up blankets to sell their wares to tourists…)

HOWEVER, it used a typical “ticking” mechanism that would drive me absolutely batty in the night! So I replaced it with a continuous-motion mechanism that is totally silent. Got it on Amazon, wasn’t expensive at all, had it for several years now and keeps good time - I rarely even look at it for the time, but when I adjust it for our stupid “daylight savings”, it is pretty much spot-on.

Not 100% certain it’s this one, searching my order history I saw I had ordered others around the same time. No idea why, possibly made a clock for someone? Sheesh, getting older sucks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WDNB796

4 Likes

This is the only clock I can see from my seat in my living room -

I’ve run into a few geeks with them in my decades of IT-Security travels, it’s a fun conversation piece. Also keeps amazing time, to the second over the 6 months or whatever between adjustments for EST/EDT. Uses AC line frequency, so a testament to how accurate that can be.

6 Likes

It’s fantastic, don’t change a thing. Hands are great

2 Likes

I had that clock from thinkgeek at one point in my life. It was silver with blue lights. The blue wasn’t conducive for sleep. Not sure what happened to it though. It very could be in a time capsule. (One of the boxes in the garage)

3 Likes

I’m stealing this! It’s not stuff packed away never to be seen again that we should have gotten rid of, it’s time-capsule contents :smiley:

4 Likes

Ha! I peeked in a storage tub in my garage today, had no idea what was in it! Found some IR headphones that you would hook up to a TV or VCR, so you could hear without disturbance. From the late 90’s.

5 Likes

Looks awesome! Where did you buy the clock mechanism? I have some clock ideas I have come up with but I never know what mech to buy. Thanks and again, it looks awesome.

I have bought many from Amazon. Pendulum ones are just as common as those without.

I picked up a few from eBay many years ago, when Amazon didn’t have or was not competitive.

Edit - note that the pendulum mechanisms eat batteries if you don’t use the skimpy, no-weight ones they provide. They keep time well enough, but any extra weight will just hammer you on batteries. This is my experience.

3 Likes

My source is:

6 Likes

Thank you both very much!