Personal Companion Cube - Arduino and Raspberry Pi Compatible

Finally I got my glowforge so exited I made my first project in the same day I revived it extremely happy with results but to much disappointed from the software it is too much basic with the capitality of the printer is ther a way to digest changes for future update

Abdullaimage

3 Likes

If you’re referring to the GF UI (what you see at app.glowforge.com) that’s only really intended to run a design that you create in another software package.

CNC machines (lasers like this are one kind of CNC) usually have 2 software applications they use - a CAD (computer aided design) and a CAM (computer assisted manufacturing) application. The GFUI is the CAM application. You need a CAD application for real design.

Check out Inkscape (free), Fusion 360 (free to small businesses & students) or Adobe Illustrator or Affinity (paid applications).

There are tutorials here in the forum for how to use these for designing projects for the GF laser.

Very nice first engrave though.

3 Likes

Pretty engrave!

That’s a great recommendation! Maybe I can put a slot for a piece of paper / manual for it.

OOO that would be VERY useful! Thanks!

1 Like