Pico fish tank

@ryan.niemer There are a bunch of aluminum-framed, slate-bottomed 10, 20, and 30-gal aquariums in my dad’s attic and barn. I saw one that’s cracked, but other than that they’re pristine. It’s killing me not to set them up and fill them with fish!

3 Likes

Yay. Another hobby.

2 Likes

Pre-existing condition.

7 Likes

I’d have a remote controlled video UAV in there…

1 Like

Turns out bluetooth is really crappy underwater. :wink:

1 Like

There are many, most $$$ and for open water, but…

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation. I had no idea! Lol

1 Like

So if the tank was more a proof of concept under a quart it would be a beta tank?

2 Likes

Yes and no… :joy:
Yes you could call it a beta tank, for proof of concept, or a beta tank if you are keeping a fresh water beta fish in it. Therefore a saltwater tanks can not be a beta tank because betas will not survive in saltwater.
So can a beta tank be a beta tank?

1 Like

I believe that they are brackish water in their native habitat and like Mollies etc can take full saltwater if they go there slowly enough as is the case with all brackish species. It is just that the freshwater is so much easier to maintain.

In the wild, I have seen many species normally found in freshwater in stores, common in the bays and estuaries that can be quite salty in the dry season.

1 Like

Just to be pedantic, the fish are “bettas;” the proof of concept is a “beta.” :wink:

6 Likes

And I suppose when in a larger tank the one who rules the tank is the Alpha Betta :rofl:

1 Like