Playing with rastering

really nice !

2 Likes

That is gorgeous! Not sure I would’ve ever thought to cut/engrave on multiple layers like you did here—thank you so much for sharing!

4 Likes

That looks terrific. I’d like to do something similar for the P-51 Mustang some day.

2 Likes

i love that idea. It would look really cool if you took @macphee’s model and removed the part callouts and put them on a front edge lit acrylic piece.
I can’t wait to give it a try.

6 Likes

ooooooOOOOOOoooo.

Aawwwwwww.

Wwoooowwwwww.

6 Likes

Amazing. This brings so many ideas to mind.

Funny @Rita I had the same thought about those books. I loved those with the transparent pages with opaque ink screened on.

4 Likes

Hi neighbor! I grew up in Taylor (next door, as it were). :sunglasses:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I can’t stop staring at this! I just love these old planes!

That engraving is looking great too!

2 Likes

Really awesome. The layering effect is something that really makes things pop. Similar to some of the work we’ve seen with paper art. Keep it up!

2 Likes

While I found mine with a search engine digging through images, I was able to find the original source which seems to come in even higher resolution. They had a spitfire: http://www.flightglobalimages.com/supermarine-spitfire-mk-1a-cutaway-drawing/print/1570935.html
:slight_smile:

10 Likes

Yeah, I was actually thinking the reverse. Wood skin over an edge lit acrylic skeleton :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thanx! My GF is going to be SO busy the first several months!

2 Likes

Hah! My wife’s from Taylor. Graduated from Kennedy in 86.

1 Like

That looks sooooooo awesome!

1 Like

Finding a lot of inspiration in the Cutaway Models section of this site…

http://www.gearpm.com/

26 Likes

Wow! That brought back memories. I did drafting work on these 25+ years ago:

That’s going on the to-do list.

21 Likes

That is a beautiful bench! I’m super jealous.

3 Likes

Made a quick trip home to visit my parents yesterday and got a photo of an Arleigh Burke class destroyer at Bath Iron Works.

17 Likes

Ahhh-Oooooo-Gah! Simply stunning! :smiley:

2 Likes

Out of likes for the day, so here’s a hearty Bravo Zulu!

3 Likes