Practical cuts

I have this 3 1/2 inch cordless saw. My neighbor has the same tool. He showed me how to use 4 inch cutting wheels on it with a janky old metal washer he dilled as a makeshift adapter ring. So I made these delrin adapter rings that work way better and gave him a bunch. They work perfectly.

16 Likes

Logitech M570 mouse stand

So after finally receiving my Glowforge my friend came to me with a project idea. He recently had Carpal Tunnel surgery and needed a mouse stand to relieve the pressure on his wrist while using his mouse all day at work. He couldn’t find one with enough angle to his liking. He also didn’t want to spent the money on a new fancy mouse so I made this up for him in about 30 mins. Worked so well I made myself one. So far we are both enjoying using it.

35 Likes

my personal mouse of choice. In fact, I have two.

1 Like

LOVE IT!!! Very practical, but stylish.

1 Like

I made mounting tabs for my laser warning sign. Engraved counter-sinks on the front, and 3-passes over half of the backside, so I can swap out signs when I need to.

28 Likes

We had a problem with ends of our clothing racks sagging. I quickly designed a S-hook in Fusion360 inspired by @Secret_Sauce 's fantastic demo designing a closet separator. It did a great job stopping the sagging and preventing clothes from falling off the ends.closet before

problem solved:
closet after

37 Likes

Awesome solution! :grinning:

2 Likes

@scott_trahey, I’m so happy you found my webinars helpful. This put a big smile on my face.
New webinars coming out in two weeks. Look out for a post with a registration link.

Jason

4 Likes

Stiffly connect two grow lights together. Fresh lettuce in the winter!

28 Likes

So, my wife got me this screwdriver set for Christmas:
https://www.wihatools.com/tech-tools/precision-screwdrivers/precision-slotted-phillips-screwdrivers-7-piece-set

It did not come with a storage case, but I found this on Thingiverse:

But that was only a tray, so I decided to put the :glowforge: to work:

I snagged the logo from the Wiha page and used the Inkscape plug in to make the case design.

The black stripe is a piece of magnetic tape on a couple of layers of :proofgrade: draft board.

The black foam is a couple of layers of fun foam, just cut with scissors and glued in.

Pattern:
Wiha Screwdriver Box.zip (14.7 KB)

23 Likes

Nice! Where’d you get your hinges?

The hinges are National Hardware and I got them at Orchard Supply (Northern California). The part number that I used is V1802-N211-334. That is a 1" x 1" part. There is also a 3/4" x 1" part, V1802-N211-326. They come in packs of 4. The screws are too long, but I just cut them off inside.

1 Like

I love my Wiha screwdrivers (all my hex keys for repairing 3D printers are Wiha). I love the free turning red cap. Makes it so easy.

1 Like

Orchard Supply Hardware is a subsidiary of Lowes. Most of the stuff they sell can be ordered by a local Lowes store, if you don’t have an OSH in your area.

1 Like

First try with boxes.py: some bb ply storage trays and engraved chipboard dividers for printing supplies. Now I want to make trays for everything.

17 Likes

Great work!

While removing the dash from my truck for a stereo replacement, I inadvertently snapped the retaining clips on the passenger airbag disconnect switch.
It is a discontinued part from GM, and the aftermarket seems to have skipped over it, so my options were to buy a used one from eBay and know that the plastic would likely be just as brittle, or to make the one I had fit.

After a few minutes with the calipers I had the shape of the switch module, and figured out a design that would work with the remains of the original mounting tabs.

The design allowed me to avoid using any glue, so it all can come back apart when needed.

I’m pleased with the result!

34 Likes

Dude, that is awesome. What material? White acrylic maybe?

2 Likes

Acrylic, it’s a really light grey.

1 Like

Nice RetroFit.

Will follow in your footsteps!

1 Like