Pre Release: Exhaust Noise Experiment

17 Likes

For the current version of S/W the print can not be paused. Only stopped.

3 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up! If they do enable the pause feature (I am pretty sure this was mentioned) it seems to me the exhaust fan would almost have to turn off in order to lift the lid easily, without a pressure differential.

You can lift the lid now when it’s running. All the interlocks kick in and turn things off. I’ve not noticed any issues with pressure differentials except that smoke may not be fully exhausted and comes out the top/front because I wasn’t patient enough to wait for it to finish clearing things out before I lifted the lid.

1 Like

So the exhaust fan does shut off if the lid is lifted mid print?

It’s possible to amplify or quiet house-noise and exhaust-noise separately… fortunately it’s not a zero sum game. For example, insulating your exhaust makes indoors quieter without making outdoors louder.

6 Likes

Yes, it does.

4 Likes

You could probably take the 5" version of that product and slip a proper hose within it, such that you make more use of it for it’s noise dampening ability than anything else.

8 Likes

That is a terrific idea! The 6" version is relatively cheap on Amazon right now.