Pre-release - Leather Adventures

Okay, I have figured out a roundabout way to get a vector file from Capture downloaded to my computer without having the Export As… feature and also without paying for Adobe cloud access. To do this you have to have an Adobe ID and also install the Adobe Draw app on your iOS device.

1. Create an SVG in Capture. Save it to My Library (your library in Adobe’s cloud). It should be in the Shapes category.
  2. Open Adobe Draw and create a new document using the + button. Make sure the Draw layer is highlighted, not the Background.
  3. Click on the Shapes icon (looks like a triangle in front of a circle) at the top menu. You will see choices of App Shapes, or you can click on My Library and navigate to the image SVG you saved in Capture. Click on it.
  4. Double tap on the image and it will be dropped to the Draw layer.
  5. Click on the Share icon (box with upward pointing arrow). Choose Send To… Creative Cloud Files as PDF.
  6. Now go to your computer and login to assets.adobe.com using your Adobe ID. Your new file should be listed under Files (not Libraries).
  7. Click on the file to open it. Under the Actions dropdown menu there is a Download button. You can use this to download the file as a pdf. I was able to edit this pdf as a vector file in my older version of Illustrator.
5 Likes

Typical perfection from you. :heart_eyes:
So glad your intended application of the laser is as you hoped!
Yes, the translation is a time suck, - But once the file is ready, reproducing it is all but magical. Push that lovely button and forget about laborious cutting! Embellishing - Push it again… Mmuhahaha!!

You came close to bailing, what a loss that would have been for you and us. Your work is some of the finest I have seen.
Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

Thank you! You’re too kind, but I appreciate the compliment. And I did come close to bailing out - not due to any fault of GF, but because of my own goals and timeline. With that said, I am SO glad that I didn’t! This tool is worth the wait.

5 Likes

Just stating fact. Your expertise and creative eye are on display. There is much we could learn from you. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Very late reply (thought I replied at the time FWIW) but the monarch is not flat - has a similar amount of shaping as the others - and it does have variegated color (4 shades of orange + a yellow or two). Crappy phone pic probably doesn’t convey those details very well though :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome then. I in no way meant to detract from your work, just giving and artist critique from one to another. It is hard to translate physical art over digital means with all the differences in our screens and the means of the pictures. Still love these though.

1 Like

Oh, I really didn’t take it that way!

^ That’s the piece that frustrates me! Granted, these were quickie phone pics - but even with a digital camera, I really struggle to capture (and convey) image details online. It makes me crazy.

1 Like

Well I guess you’ll just have to make one for each of us and send it to us then! :grin:

8 Likes

Oh, now that is my favorite! (I dig dragonflies). :smiley::+1:

5 Likes

This. is. amazing! I know…and understand that you have your own personal critique about it, everyone does, but for the untrained eye, it’s superb. Love your stuff!

4 Likes

It must be amazing because it looks great on my screen!

5 Likes

That’s absolutely beautiful!!
My wife is a dragonfly fanatic! Her jaw dropped when I showed it t her.

6 Likes

Beautiful work. Really inspiring.

Hail to the mighty PRU. May its offspring bring even greater joy to the world!

5 Likes

Oh gosh, that is just stunning! I’d love to spend a day in your workshop, watching you create.

4 Likes

I hope one day to have enough skill to be at your “less than thrilled” level! You are incredibly talented. I hope you are planning on MakerFaire NYC!

6 Likes

Wow, thank you. That is so kind of you to say!

I’m on the west coast, so it’s a bit of a trip (still kicking myself for not making BAMF!) … but I love NYC and wouldn’t mind having an excuse to visit :slight_smile:

If you put in for a booth in the crafts area and especially if you offered classes in techniques you’d definitely get a booth…

Oh wow! Looks really good to my eyes, and probably better in person :slight_smile:
My daughter would love this! She’s already asked me to design some dragonfly earrings… I need to do that!

1 Like

All of your work is amazing girl! You have a great eye for color, and a practiced hand.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes