ProofGrade Projects and Pre-Release Glowforge :glowforge: Acrylic Pendant

My guess is, you can use isopropanol briefly for a one-time treatment and not get any adverse effects. It’s most likely repeated treatments, like cleaning an acrylic item on a regular basis with alcohol, that results in the crazing.

One recommended product for cleaning acrylic is Novus 1.

1 Like

I premask my acrylic sheets when I get them in with transfer tape since the masking they come in really sucks…lol
Sometimes if its been on there awhile, I get the glue residue when I pull the masking off. Usually hot soapy water gets it off, but I had some of this and it did great…came right off and doesnt seem to harm the acrylic (idk about clear though)…its a bit oily so I rewashed it with hot soapy water.

12 Likes

Use Goo-Gone for a lot of stuff. Never seen it in the “Pro-Power” bottle. Wonder if it’s different?

Aside: My daughter is buying a house just a few miles south in the county. She asked for Crab Decor for house warming presents. You would think that someone born and raised on the Chesapeake would have had enough crabs for a lifetime.

10 Likes

welcome to MD! Its a great state.

1 Like

It’s my daughter that just moved there. I did live there, however, 40 years ago…

I like the caliper stands. :slight_smile:

Wow, bunch more MD people. @rpegg, I didn’t know you were an MD person as well.

3 Likes