Proofgrade Shipping from TN?

I’ve used Amazon for Robot Turtles and we used them to warehouse & deliver 7k books for the holiday gift (outside their normal sales channel, just using them as a fulfillment service). They’re great for some things, not so much for others. Usually only makes sense if the inventory is going to be listed on Amazon as well, but not always.

4 Likes

interesting; i didn’t know they did non sales fulfillment. either way i’d personally rather see profit used to keep proofgrade reasonable than to pay amazon, given the choice…i’m slightly uncomfortable with how much i buy from them as is (an issue i hope to use the glowforge to ameliorate to some extent).

3 Likes

They call the program “FBA” if you’re curious.

4 Likes

Is Proofgrade only ever going to be sold to Glowforge customers? It might be of interest to other laser users via Amazon. They wouldn’t get the automatic settings but if it is high quality guaranteed laserable material with masking I am sure it would sell. But perhaps you see PG as incentive to buy a GF as much as GF is incentive to buy PG.

6 Likes

Good to know when I finally start mass shipment of my stamp boxes and matchbox bins.:wink:

7 Likes

A funny thing about Amazon: I am not a prime member and always select the slow cheap shipping but it sometimes comes very fast anyway. I also buy on eBay and sometimes that comes Amazon prime! I don’t know how that works but it is great.

4 Likes

Good question. We’ve thought about it. For the moment, we want to focus on keeping inventory in stock for our customers. In the future, when we understand our customers’ demand better, we can bring on extra inventory to sell to non-GF users, either through our site or through Amazon.

15 Likes

I buy obscene amounts of stuff through Amazon Prime. If I’d have to drive across town and don’t feel like going that day, I’ll order it from Amazon. I also prefer to buy materials for my classroom through Amazon, because I don’t need a separate PO and can get the product quickly. I personally would be much more likely to buy PG if I could get it Prime. That’s just my two cents for future PG shipping plans.

4 Likes

Amazon has fulfillment services with, I believe, no minimum inventory levels and provides multi-channel fulfillment (i.e. Proofgrade store fulfillment).

Edit: guess I should read all of the posts :grimacing:

3 Likes

Pfft…then how’d you keep your post count up?
:wink:

1 Like

proofgrade amazon shipping would be dangerous. I live in an area where all too many things can be delivered same day for free by amazon if I meet a minimum order. How would I be able to stop myself to decide if I really need all that purpleheart if it was too easy to obtain?

9 Likes

+1

I order from Amazon sometimes daily. If I could order :proofgrade: from Amazon, there’s 0 doubt that I would.

6 Likes

i’m more hopeful they might use amazon as a distributor outside of the us, as that would make me far, far more likely to buy proofgrade products (unless of course they’re already planning a similar yet different kind of solution; i obviously have no idea what int’l. pg shipping will be like!)

3 Likes

I just got my proof grade “Starting Kit” today (separate from the actual Glowforge which hasn’t arrived yet) and noticed it shipped from TN too… thought that was interesting.

1 Like

Agreed I too order at a minimum of every other day for someone in the house and usually much cheaper than I could down town or at everyone’s other favorite store Walmart just depends on what it is.

2 Likes