Proofgrade sold out - comparable products?

so… shop is still sold out of walnut and cherry 12x20 1/8". it’s been nearly a month now…
Anyone found a comparable product yet? I’ve seen it out there, so I know it exists. Other non-glowforge laser users I’ve interacted with at events have a nearly identical product, but are unwilling to share their source with me. ugh…

Have you tried Rugby?

1 Like

i haven’t, and hadn’t heard of it until now. Have you purchased and used their plywood? Same as proofgrade? Veneer on mdf with clearcoat finish? Can’t seem to find a store link with ways to see their products for sale…

Ocooch is great too.

Aloha all. Just wanted to give an update; Haven’t found a perfect replacement for GF Proofgrade yet, but JPPlus is a close second. They offer single sided veneer covered particle for about the same price as GF draftboard, and double sided for about the same price as GF plywood. The particle core seems a bit less hardy than the PG stuff, but the sheets cut well and we’re having good results with them. They also have a few different kinds of things, like bamboo and ebony, which have been fun to play with. The sheets are 24 inches, so need to be cut down, and you have to apply paper yourself, but worth taking a look at. We still go with PG for a lot of products since they seem to be the best quality product we can find. Also, if you happen to be in Hawaii like us, you have to contact JPPlus directly for special shipping rates, as the website tries to charge in gold nuggets for shipping outside the contiguous US.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.