Love it!

2 Likes

Amazing detail and workmanship

2 Likes

That box is soooo beautiful!

2 Likes

I got the idea from Mr. Puzzle, the locking mechanism I used was this one

9 Likes

First version was just a switch, current version which is still being tweaked will have the lid control the light

2 Likes

I’m still working on the design, the electronics part is what I’d like to perfect.

I am just in awe! The beauty and functionality are both perfect!

2 Likes

Thank you! :relaxed:

wow!

1 Like

Thank you for the resource, I’ve not heard of Mr. Puzzle! You wouldn’t have a link at hand by any chance, would you? (Turns out there are a few “Mr.Puzzles” :sweat_smile:)

I’ll trade – although not about puzzle boxes, Rob Ives has lots of content about making paper automata, including also sorts of movement mechanisms that you might find useful in future projects!
https://www.robives.com/

5 Likes

Omg I love this!! Thank you so much! Well, I won’t be getting much done at work today now :sweat_smile:

The video I watched was this one, if it helps

7 Likes

I happened to notice at the top of this post it said “It’s been a while since we’ve seen Gina.Bobina — their last post was 12 months ago.” Well, duh. She’s been busy for a year making that box!

3 Likes

:rofl: haha it sure felt like it took me a year, but it was honestly about a week. Which still seems way too long. I learned a lot tho!….and definitely messed up a lot too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Usually more valuable than immediate success!

4 Likes

Wow. This is absolutely gorgeous.

2 Likes

This really is brilliant! I love how you combined the shadow box into a puzzle box, and that the design is so beautiful. Congratulations and thank you for sharing it. This project is inspiring!

3 Likes

I’m in awe! Gorgeous.

1 Like

Thank you!

Words fail me right now so I am just going to say DITTO to what everyone else has said. I love the glow you achieved with the lighting.

2 Likes