Quarantine Solution for Remote Storytime with Grandparents

She wears it as pajamas. I’d die of heat stroke! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well, when you are a tiger you must look like a tiger - and they like hot weather.

2 Likes

Nice. It occurs to me that if you tilted the shelf and included a stop strip so the phone doesn’t slide down, you could make it 2-way where the book goes in front of you, the shelf and then you in your chair. Then swap between the front & rear facing cameras so you can interleave shots of grandma (or whoever) reading with ones of the book itself.

Need to noodle on this…

2 Likes

Here’s a link to the “Are You My Mother” video, for the benefit of other bored toddlers: https://youtu.be/PhxIAtWXovs (includes surprise guest appearance by River).

6 Likes

Brilliant! I love practical (and helpful) projects. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

At the risk of totally hijacking @tonybruth’s thread…I had to share this. After Gkid finished her reading yesterday, River (our 4 lb, 10-month-old Chihuahua/Yorkie/schnauzer/poodle mix) moved a group of her toys into the reading spot, and used it as her primary hang-out spot for the rest of the day.

I’m still trying to figure out why – at first I thought maybe it was warmer under the lamp, but she didn’t really sit under the lamp most of the time. Plus, her usual spot in my lap would have been much warmer. So I’m kinda stumped!

14 Likes

I always go to the fridge for rubber bands. Every bundle of asparagus has two nice rubber bands and I tend to just pull a couple of spears from the bundle. But near the end, the bands have slipped off, so they just hang out in the veggie bin until I need them. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice solution. I’m dense. My sister-in-law was texting about trying to figure out how to get the video turned around on her laptop lid screen camera, the only one on it. I’m knocking my head trying to figure this out until I realized that this is normal for a mirror look at the screen. Duh. I have a back facing camera on mine and never thought about this before.

2 Likes

This is perfect! Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Last night my wife (a teacher) was trying to figure out how she was going to teach her math class on Zoom today since she’s used to showing her class how problems are done. Told her I think I saw just the thing posted on here and about 30m later she’s got a stand for her iPad to teach her class today.

7 Likes

Beautiful.

1 Like

This is well designed and perfect as a stand to make some puzzle videos under! Thank you for sharing!
:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

Edited to add:
Re-jiggered the design a tad for 1/4" acrylic scraps that I had on hand, added a long slot for the camera instead of the holes, and changed the rubber band tab parts since I haven’t got any, but have plenty of gift ribbon! I might have made it a bit too big, since I bounced on the edge when cutting.

Again, thanks for sharing :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat: This is perfect to make puzzle assembly videos for IG/FB!

5 Likes

Hello? She wants to be in the spotlight! :smiley: just kidding! That’s funny that she did that! She’s super cute!

2 Likes

That is River??? I would never have recognised her from her days as half a collar. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This is really cool! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I love this! Has anyone else made one? Does it work out for smaller kids, e.g 2 - 4? I’d love to send one to my niece and nephew, but they’re pretty small still. Excited to hear your stories!

1 Like

Okay, I am relatively new…I am trying to convert these PNG files to SVGs in Inkscape and I just can’t get the needed quality using Bitmap Trace. Any suggestions?

You don’t need to convert those files to SVG, they are already SVG. Right Click on the drawings, choose Save As or Save Image As in the popup, and just leave the file type as svg.

Interesting…when I click on it my option is save photo as.

Are you clicking on the line drawings or the photograph? (Click the line drawings.)