Rough Renovation Estimation Advice

We found a “For Sale By Owner” where he didn’t want to “list” the house. He posted it on Zillow and our realtor found it. As such we didn’t have to haggle at all. We decided to buy it and made an offer that he accepted.

We’ve been through inspection and next is appraisal which happens this weekend. After that we should be golden, and on track to a closing date in early June… then we begin to renovate, and at some point we start the clock on giving notice in our current rental… at that point we have 30 days to move.

A couple weekends ago we were out browsing appliances and ended up buying just about everything. They’re holding all of it until we need it… I’m most excited by the Kitchenaid Induction range!

Something else that’s beautiful…

No, not the paint color, that’s hideous. The nice round vent on the wall there is right where the Glowforge will be going! Nice! I still have to put a doggy door through the wall in this room somewhere… but at least I don’t have to worry about venting the Forge!

11 Likes

I’m so glad you found something that worked out! And, you will like that induction cooktop–that is what we put in when we reworked the kitchen, and never regretted it.

I’ve never seen a house that came with a GF setup before :smile:…Wave of the future. Congrats! :relaxed:

5 Likes

Oddly there are four vents through walls to the outside including the dryer vent… two of them in the living room. I have no idea why.

3 Likes

Kind of makes you wonder what they were up to in there, doesn’t it? :grin:

1 Like

Wondering whether it’s for a whole house vacuum system and not dryer vents.

3 Likes

Most likely not. They all vent to outside, and they aren’t in every room. Two in the living room, one in the Forge room, and one in the laundry room. There is no central air of any kind in the house.

There is one of these in the rental we’re in and the running theory is that there used to be a wood burning stove that vented to the outside. I doubt it in this house, as the fireplace seems to have existed for the entire life of the house, and it’s a small house.

1 Like

2nd guess… Since the house doesn’t have central air, maybe it’s for one of those portable air conditioning units that sit in the room and exhaust through a 4" pipe.

12 Likes

Congratulations! But I’m sad we won’t be neighbors anymore. . . unless you’re moving to Normandy Park, Seatac, Des Moines or Burien.

Just kidding, I am excited for you to finally have a place and not have to be renting anymore.

If you need help with the move just ask.

Drew

You know… that is the most viable option I’ve seen. I like it!

We are moving to north Burien, just south of Boeing Field. :grin:

2 Likes

man, truth. we moved from kw to london a couple of years ago and i feel really lucky that we bought when we did; even then we purchased the first day on the market for asking with a close two weeks later.

that same color was my kitchen

1 Like