Safe materials

I’ve gotten pretty close with paper,cardboard and thick foamcore. Be sure you always watch it when you are lasering paper products and foams. (And i’m not talking about sitting in the room with your back to it.)

Anything that burns quickly in a fire, is going to burn quickly in a laser, and more fires get started from people trying to laser a stack of paper than anything else. (I read that on the internet, so it must be true.) :crazy_face:

One sheet at a time. And make sure it is secured down on all sides, because the fan blowing a loose edge up into the path of the beam is what almost caused the fire when I did it.

6 Likes

Foamcore always sounds like a new genre of punk…

4 Likes

It always makes me think of Common Core, but that’s a really sore subject with a lot of people so I don’t usually mention it…like not talking about Comic Sans. :smile::wink:

3 Likes

No.

Note that Glowforge staff doesn’t regularly monitor threads in Beyond the Manual. If you have additional questions you’d like us to answer, don’t hesitate to open a new thread in Problems and Support. (I saw this one because it was linked from your earlier post; otherwise, I might have missed it).