SCALING SCALING. F360 to an svg

I am not sure of the limits of mine just yet.

Yes I had noticed that too! started out as rectangles with typed in dimensions and then Poof 8 separate lines with bad attitudes.

Ok. Woke up this AM. mowed the yard. something always keeps me away from beamer.

started up the computer. uninstalled the origin add in. reinstalled. I cannot tell you how tickled I was to see that little triangle logo show up.

opened my drawing. exported. CUT. and it is DEAD ON.

thank you Mark and everybody else that chipped in to end my misery :slight_smile:

why the previous attempts did not work. I’ll never know.

4 Likes

SolidWorks is for engineering / drafting and it lets you have layers and colours in drawings. That suprises me that F360 does not. Another reason for me to stay with SW.

I’m so glad you are up and running with this. Now I expect to see great things from you and Fusion 360!

Save those steps as they can be important. I got them straight from someone in the know over at Shaper. I had had the same problem and was loosing my mind because I love that plug in.

1 Like

Yes, while I love F360 that is one of my several little disappointments.

1 Like

oh man there is ENOUGH pressure around here as it is to make stuff :slight_smile:

I am baffled as to why the addin didn’t appear. especially when so many others are using it. I was starting to feel like frank burns and everybody was out to get me.

Ok I just did my second cut. the pattern for the corner for my pool table light. after working on a cone I figured out after tracing the corner of the table profile it was not a true cone. I had tried repeatedly to create the pattern in F360 measuring from the tracing. I know I could have scanned and cut in the GF. but I wanted accurate dimensions and the tracing wasn’t exactly “clean”.

At any rate the bottom line is now I have an exact pattern cut from chipboard. and a host of pattern wannabes laying around the office that will get cut into something smaller some day.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Well right now Autodesk has all the add-ins free for everyone (yay coronavirus!) So feel free to do full 5-axis steep-and-shallow milling for free…

1 Like

Also check out my handy tip on my bug post this morning around patterns in Fusion 360 (or more importantly how not to make them suck)

3 Likes

LOL,

Henry you crack me up! I will get right on that!

and yes I’m still jealous that I don’t have a cnc in my basement. OTOH, I am not punting my pool table for one.

2 Likes

Get your priorities straight!

1 Like

I guess their logic is helping medical makers make. Although anyone who already has a 5-axis CNC already has 5-axis CAM, so not sure those folks needed the steep-and-shallow to be free. And sure their additive add-in is included (but again since all the major slicers are free (except S3D) not like everyone didn’t already have a slicer of some kind for their printer.

2 Likes

my priorities are straight. OK, perhaps slightly bent. I waited a long time to get this table. When I got married I had one. the Mrs. had just bought a house, no basement. so I sold my table with the plan being when we got a new house that would house one, I got a new table. the first house we bought together didn’t have room, just room for a ping pong table. however this new one did. so I got this table. http://www.diamondbilliards.com/Home.aspx

go to the 5th picture(the maple with logos). and this IS my table. the manufacturer is 17 miles from my house and they sold me the table out of their office, it is the actual table on their brochure, so I could have it installed by my daughter’s 16th bday party.

It is a wonderful table, and Beamer is going to help me make the light for it. Woohoo!

and yes I’m still trying to figure out how to get a CNC.

3 Likes

Just messing with you. It reminds me of the process by which I got a drum kit installed in my basement.

Cheers!

1 Like

LOL,

don’t worry I knew that. that is why replied with the slightly bent priorities line. :slight_smile:

On the fusion 360 y0utube channel, interesting announcement that upcoming will be pure drawing tools, i.e. dimensioned sketches not intended for 3D geometry, so presumably able to make 2D things for lasers without all the rest of the baggage.

But to me designing in 3d is about my bad ideas dying on screen before too much material has been sacrificed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.