Schedule update (December '16)

Of course they can do that… you just pay full retail price for your Glowforge instead of the introductory price (or hostage price if that makes you feel better)

10 Likes

The Cancel page refers to losing the discounts, bonus material, place in line and other items. Those are the things that you get for pre-ordering the Glowforge.

You are free to Cancel as your choice, but then you buy at your convenience at retail/MSRP pricing.

There really isn’t anyway for them to validate funds once the you have them back and I don’t think you would want a surprise withdrawal when you had earmarked those funds for something else (6 to 8 months from now).

2 Likes

No, they will not do that. If you take a refund now, you will need to pay full price for it later.

2 Likes

Ever heard of Terms & Conditions?

You are upset because you want the cheap price with no risk attached. Read Item 5 on the T&C YOU agreed to

No point getting upset at me (or anyone else) because you signed up for something you do not understand and now do not want to take responsibility for that

3 Likes

They could send us our money back as a sign of good faith since it’s their screwup that landed all of us in this mess then just charge us when it’s ready. A lot of companies do it that way. I would understand that they can’t do it if they didn’t get any funding the last time around but they did so they don’t necessarily need the money they raised yet as they are not in production mode yet.

1 Like

Being upset is perfectly understandable, and most of us are, actually.

If it will help to ease any fears that you might have - there are a lot of answers in the Live Q&A that Dan and Rita did a couple days back, and several answers fleshed out a little in the recent comments at the bottom of that thread.

3 Likes

Honestly the only thing that could ease my worry is when I get the product 4k is not exactly chump change for me. I will probably cancel because I have lost faith in the company. I am still trying to justify a 3rd delay which is really unacceptable especially since it’s been more than a year. It makes one wonder what they had to begin with.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s really tough when people decide they need the money more…good luck making that decision. :disappointed:

2 Likes

When you loose confidence in a company/product, even if there is nothing wrong with what you get, until you regain your trust in it, better to part ways and not let it eat at you every time you see the Glowforge.

As much as @dan would like to keep you as a customer, I would say he prefers you to be satisfied with what you have, where ever you are at.

4 Likes

In case you haven’t been responded to yet, the free designs were specifically all of the designs shown in the original promotional GlowForge video :slight_smile:

I believe it was mentioned that they are still attempting to get the full okay for the settlers of catan board for us as well :smiley:

3 Likes

I doubt it would eat at me if I actually get a glowforge. I am just afraid that the next announcement will be something like “sorry guys we tried but we cannot ship you a product due to…” Anywho, I’m surprised there are still some that defends the company that has not provided anything substantial to their backers 15 months later.

A lot of us do, because we have seen the progress. It’s not something that is ever going to have a date set in stone.

But it’s also not something that you can convince someone to follow through to actual delivery. That has to be decided by the individual, because everyone’s circumstances are different.

None of the dates that have ever been given have been firm, they’ve always been target dates. And those can slip.

3 Likes

Just my opinion…
I would speculate that Glowforge is going to impact the hobby laser market much the same way Tesla has been a catalyst in the automobile industry. Every major manufacturer has an electric vehicle in the pipe now.
Imitation of the innovations in Glowforge are already materializing, the main reason Dan has been so guarded with information about them, understandably.

Bringing a new product out of the hole is a role of the dice. The Venture capitalists really like the odds, so do I.
The people close to Elon Musk say he is too optimistic on his timelines, has frequently failed to meet them, and has been slow to make a profit - which has led to speculation in articles that Tesla will fail.
Seems Dan is in good company. :wink:

Elon Musk biography

9 Likes

… and overcome by identifying and promoting “champions” from the user groups to “cheerlead” and be a “point of contact” for users. GF should do something like that …

“I’ll just get my coat”.

6 Likes

I am not sure they will make you a Beta Tester that easily!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

But does it have a laser cutter…?

2 Likes

Which one, the one that was available on the glowforge site until (I assume) recently as mentioned in Free Official Glowforge Designs? ?

3 Likes

Yes and even $22 a person with about 10,000 people to reach that kind of capital still amounts to $220,000 with another hundred thousand or so with what they have raised after their record breaking 30 day crowd funding.

Forgive my initial miscalculation but it doesn’t really matter. I’m upset that after four days I have heard nothing regarding my cancellation. If you really want to get smart on miscalculations, we should be discussing this company’s inability to realize they need until July 2017 to ship when they should be applying shipping labels.

22*10000=220,000. Not even close to 300k

1 Like

Haha my bad. I did two calculations based on the 30 days and what they have raised now in total. Either way hundreds of thousands of dollars and I can’t even get a response to a cancellation request sent four days ago.