Schedule update (December '16)

Nothing but love, @dan - I know how hard it is to delay shipping.

4 Likes

Is that a personal attack? :smile:
Hint: As you can tell, I didn’t even click the link.

I could tell, do you think its right to accuse me of not having my facts right when you couldn’t be bothered to click on a link and read 3 lines of text? Considering your position in previous posts, you positioned yourself as an expert on several area’s. I think its rather disingenuous of you to do so, when you lack facts to dispute the conversation.

Nah, its a statement of fact. Reading was apparently hard in that instance :slight_smile:

You are true that there is a “line” of customers. But the assumption there is that they are losing money on the units that people purchased. I don’t know if that is true, but it doesn’t feel (guess) that way considering they raised another $22 million very shortly after the fact.

Ugh. Are you guys done yet?

32 Likes

I didn’t say you didn’t have your facts straight, I just remarked that there was quite a difference between dollars and qty. And hey, I thanked you for googling and fact checking it, didn’t I? :grin:

Edit: Sorry, apparently loopy humor isn’t translating into text right now. I’m (seriously) just kidding at this point.

1 Like

Why am I out of likes!
High five? :hand_splayed:

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I feel like I just got a year’s subscription to the Jelly Of The Month Club…

I ordered the Glowforge because the original video gave me an idea for a side business venture. After all the delays, I’ve kind of lost hope that it will ever happen.

So, tomorrow morning I’ll go out to my shop and turn some traditional ornaments on the lathe to give as Christmas presents, and maybe think of a way to make a side business using proven equipment that costs hundreds of dollars, rather than thousands… Or, maybe just have an enjoyable day making things. All things considered, it’s better and more productive than throwing a tantrum.

If the 'forge ever shows up, I’m sure I’ll have some fun with it.

5 Likes

It is not that he/we disagree, it is that you are being obnoxious. Step back are reread this thread pretending this is someone else, not yourself and you’ll see it. I don’t mean this as a personal atack, just as an observation.

4 Likes

Yeah, we all feel kind of bummed right now. But you seem to be handling it well, so hang in there.

(I wouldn’t be hanging around if I didn’t think it was going to show up.) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry I am confused, can you PM me with what you are talking about specifically. I could very well be wrong or have missed something and I will gladly admit it if I am.

@dan I never got that book you emailed us about last year (and yes, I clicked the link / asked for the physical copy) - did that get delayed too?

He might have taken off for the rest of the night and tomorrow. (Said he was going to at the end of the Q&A session.)

I never got mine either. I keep forgetting to contact customer service and snag a copy.

Is there a way to just view hidden posts; I’d like to just look at all the wild posts by people going into debt and trying to build businesses off a crowdfunded laser cutter.

3 Likes

Oh… I don’t think we have the ability to turn them back on again…that’s something that the Discourse software does automatically and no one below Staff level has the proper authorization.

Id rather just filter and then open manually.

Last year I pointed out to Dan some of the issues with this forum software (like the auto locks) which clearly have not been resolved considering the amount of times Dan has reopened the thread. You’d think that would be a simple config option.

Yeah, it kept locking up today for sure…he probably didn’t have time to make any major changes this morning with everything else going on.

well it looks like there is a high possibility that with all the stresses involving all of this Glowforge stuff that i may need to go the the hospital just to let you all know …i have a heart condition complete with a nice little pacemaker that keeps me alive and during all of this extra added stress i do believe i am having a panic attack and we are clocking my heart at about 120 bpm (my heart is programed to only be at 60 bpm regulated) so that being said i am going to lie down for a bit if it doesn’t get any better i will be going to the hospital i put this here so EVERYONE knows that more is effected by all of this then you think…

@stilts - Please…get there quickly, and i hope that it is nothing more than anxiety. (I’ve had a few attacks myself and that is nothing to fool around with.)

2 Likes