Scissor lift tables

I had thought about another pair of wheels to help in the transfer. But making those second wheels have a physical interlock to cause the folding would be nice.

Donā€™t forget the red eyes, it has to have red eyes for attack/inevitable turns evil mode.

2 Likes

ground to floor of suv inches?

Yes!!! Whereā€™s your kickstarter page??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try to remember to measure. Cannot recall if it is even a comfortable working height. But since the filter and tabletop add some height, as well as the space for legs to fold away, i am hoping the SUV bed is pretty low.

Cannot find for my 2008 model, but for a 2015 it is listed as 35.9 inches ground to top of load floor. And about a 51.7 inch depth to work within.

how about the ā€˜stair caseā€™ from bed to lip depth to bumper then depth of bumper then height of bumper need to know the gap outs to figure out the leg swing.

and really I have no clue what I am doing. I have a feeling this wont be small

that and well Iā€™m a fusion newbie

Iā€™ll measure a bunch of things tonight if I remember once I get done with the kids for the night.

And the best way to move through the newbie phase is random projects with unexpected depth :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™m rooting for Sudobashi Heavy Industries at their deathmatch.

1 Like

yup starting to give up. created a platform with moving joints and scissorā€¦ just donā€™t have the leg length to make it stable would have a very narrow foot print

but on the plus side I got to play with motion

I may make another model but I think I should eat as I skipped dinner after work to play with fusion

Not wishing to sound morbid but has anyone considered an adapted coffin trolley arrangement?

Images

13 Likes

That looks like it would work! (Great way to think outside the box!) :sunglasses:

10 Likes

ā€œoutside the boxā€ , oh Jules, that pun is so bad it is good. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

so ya I suck at this I went with 4 instead of just two ā€¦ two would have folded flat into the base but with a 50 inch top to get it 36 off the ground made the legs 22 inchs apart and I thought that would be unstable. so this is 4 legs but at 36 tall they have a good foot print now. no I donā€™t know how to make casters so I rounded the edges

the red box is the glow with filter it is to scale

Iā€™m thinking D ringā€™s on each corner with strap downs as well as something like 1 inch neoprene under it to take the bumps of driving

this is what it looks like with only 2 legs 22 inch foot print 50 inch top not stable

ya for working hinges

no idea if this would work or not, maybe some starter wheels to get over the edge of the truck/suv then pull up to collapse the wheels and then let the main wheels ride you in

4 Likes

I like the coffin trolley allot but its short, but that doesnā€™t mean someone cant use the concept for appropriate sizes for a glow

2 Likes

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=collapsable+cart&view=detailv2&&id=DC9DC77744B87194A2F14ACDE935B325716053F7&selectedIndex=4&ccid=TQ6HIeIj&simid=608009405521855538&thid=OIP.M4d0e8721e223828cdf12559969606f43o0&ajaxhist=0

this could be a winner as well but its platform is to small so you would have to make a faux level say drawers for material and then the larger platform on top of that

The "coffin trolleyā€™ height issue, and, potentially, this optionā€™s too, is, as you say, raise the GF on material storage draws. Alternatively, create a receptacle underneath the GF for trolley transportation. Much like the way a coffin can be slid into the back of a hearse and the trolley stored below the ā€œdeckā€ and out of sight.

2 Likes

Perhaps this can help.

5 Likes

the idea of one with rollers on top might be an idea - add some stops at both ends to prevent unintended off-rolling events, and just release one end and roll the whole table top with the Glowforge off and into the truck when you want to take it somewhere!

2 Likes

That one is promising indeed! I kinda wish the handles could remove or fold down (doesnā€™t look like they do), but that is a modification I can likely add on my own. Rollers means I can move the table off easy. Variable height lets me match it to my vehicle load height easily.

I knowā€¦ they are designed for this exact use caseā€¦ heavy thing slide straight into the vehicle. Absolutely would not have thought about them though. Thanks :slight_smile:

@Clone: The Fusion scissor lifts look impressive. But I have realized that it was another case of calling to mind a word that wasnā€™t quite a fit to the actual goal. Those leg folding hospital beds are more of what I had really been after.

Finally got some measurements. Putting them here primarily for myself to find easily later:

Ground to Bumper Top: 28"
Bumper Height: 14"
Ground to Load Floor: 32"
Bumper edge to Load Floor: 13.5"
Cargo Depth: 46" ideal, 79" with child seats removed
Cargo Width: 49"
Cargo Height: 36"

6 Likes

Ya the coffin items I think are defiantly the way to go

1 Like