Score on Alumamark?

Curious to know if its possible to score on Alumamark. I just did a business card with the engrave setting and thought about scoring it after I did it. The engrave time was 14 min and that’s just for 1 card. Is it possible to score it and have less time?

2 Likes

If you can engrave, you can score.

2 Likes

Would the settings be the same?

1 Like

I don’t know what you are engraving/scoring so it is hard to say. A score is just a single line that can be any path. For engraves the printhead simply goes back and forth. Scores generally are done at a slower speed than engraves. I suggest you do a bit of testing. You may also want to defocus the laser for a wider score path.

2 Likes

how do I defocus the laser?

1 Like

By entering a manual focus height. In acrylic, if the material is .125" some people use a focus height of .25 so the beam is diffused before it strikes the material. This may be helpful: Guide to Defocused Acrylic Engraving

Alumamark is quite different than acrylic, but the principle is the same.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I’ll look into it. The alumamark is nice but expensive. For 25 business cards with shipping was around 50.00. So I want to be wise about it due to the cost.

1 Like

Designate one card as a tester and do tiny little tests. You can do tons of tests in the space of a single biz card.

3 Likes

The more cards you do at once, the lower your per unit time will be.

3 Likes