Scrabble for Charity

Cleverly done! :smile:

3 Likes
 nice work            my reply is not showing up as I placed the letters

QUITE
                                                                                 H
                                                                    PROJECT
                                                                    E
                                                             FOR
                                                                    F
                                                                    E
                                                                    CHARITY
                                                                    T
3 Likes

That looks great!

3 Likes

Wow!!!

Are the two halves of the board glued together, or does it disassemble for storage? I have a board game I’ve been thinking of building that also has squares, but I’ve been waffling on how to make it big enough to play but small enough to cut (and store). I can’t decide whether it would be a hassle to try to keep it from slipping apart while playing.

2 Likes

Really great work! Love the referral code shot.

1 Like

Wonderful job. I did a complete Scrabble board with tiles. Here are my tile holders, using the 1/8" acrylic.
ScrabbleTileShelf

Test out the slots to make sure the acrylic fits. There is a slight variability of the acrylic thickness. I have it pretty tight.

I would like to do another board now that the accessible area of the bed has been increased or maybe connect with @cynd11 and use her Pro to make a full board that doesn’t need to assemble
Here are my tiles:

scrabbleTiles_split

Complete board

20 Likes

The 2 sides fit together snugly, and pull apart for storage.

2 Likes

Your photos look very nice. I like the color accents. It does make a difference.

3 Likes

Wow, thanks for sharing. I’ll use wood versus acrylic, so I’ll adjust the thickness. My tiles are larger than standard, so I’ll have to change the width too. I’ll post when I get a chance.

3 Likes

Well executed.

1 Like

Tile size comparison.

Board is maximized to the width of the :glowforge: printable area.

18 Likes

Great for these old eyes. :joy:

4 Likes

My thought exactly!

it looks great. love how the board turned out.

couple of minor suggestions (after the fact, so probably not useful for you).

1. center the letter, not the letter/score. if you look at your example A vs the original scrabble tile, you’ll see the original tile has the A centered. optically that works better.

2. give an ever so slight rounding of the corner on your tile. it doesn’t have to be much, but it will soften the tile a bit.

7 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. The tile corners are rounded, but it is a very small radius.

1 Like

Very Nice work! :star_struck:

@marmak3261, I really like those inlaid tiles!

2 Likes

Anytime you like!

2 Likes

Gosh, it came out great! Bet they were thrilled with it.

2 Likes

That came out great!

1 Like

What a crisp and beautiful job on the board. Love it!

2 Likes