Scratch Built RC Messerscmitt BF-109 E Plane

Well you do an amazing job! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

i tried to add more pics but Iā€™m not sure how.

1 Like

Click Edit, then click into a new line in your old post, then click the upload button (looks like a box with an arrow pointing up)
Wait until each one finishes uploading before hitting the teal ā€œsave editā€ button.
On a desktop you can also drag and drop them into the edit box.

3 Likes

What @deirdrebeth said or just click respond.

2 Likes

That is so fantastic. R/C planes were one of the main reasons that I ever wanted a laser but since getting my GF there has been way too many rabid holes for me to get one going. Oh well, Iā€™m havinā€™ a blast anyway.

3 Likes

Now there is a quote that better describes what they are!!! :grimacing:

3 Likes

The feeling is paramutual, Iā€™m insured.

2 Likes

@rbtdanforth @randy.cohen

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Stupid Siri and her autocorrect!!!

I was taking a couple of puppies to the vet today when one of them decided to express their colon in the back of my wifeā€™s new Explorer. I told Siri to send a message to my wife and proceeded to dictate the gruesome scene and the odor associated with it. Like the message above I neglected to put on my reading glasses and proofread.
I really wish I had checked who would be receiving my words of wit before I said ā€œsendā€.

6 Likes

And now you are going to let us try and imagine Siriā€™s take on the situation? I have a friend in New Mexico with Siri as her last name and think of her every time her name is brought up.

3 Likes

Very nice. I did the same with a rubber motor Piper Cub pdf plan set as a pandemic project. I still need to get it covered (tissue) and dope. A little harder to do from the work office than it was the home office :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. So do you scale down the forms by 3/32 + glass first, or just let it ā€œscale upā€ by the thickness of these?

I build the frame for the wing and fuselage from balsa and plywood. Then I cover it with 3/32ā€ thick balsa sheeting. Then, I cover it with lightweight fiberglass cloth and resin then paint. I carve a plug from foam for the canopy and vacuum form it from .020 petg clear plastic.

Iā€™d add more pictures of the process but I donā€™t know how to add more pictures.

Click the Edit button
Click the Upload button (image)
Find your image
Add them
Click Save Edit
(if youā€™re on a desktop you can drag and drop in to the edit box too)

1 Like

My daughterā€™s name is Sarah; every time I yell ā€œhey Sarahā€ Siri launches on my Apple Watch/iPhone/iPad (take your pick) and comes up with the weirdest stuff sometimes.

3 Likes

For all you R/C fans out thereā€¦

6 Likes

I realize there are no people inside - but thatā€™s just a planeā€¦bigger than quite a few that we see flying around here! Iā€™ve always presumed RC licenses were easier to get than pilotā€™s licenses butā€¦