Seega Game Sets

OMG that’s just incredible. I struggle getting a freaking half inch deer to cut so their legs don’t snap off when breathing on them and you make this. :clap:

5 Likes

Papyrus is one of those typefaces that is easy (and fun) to hate on it because it is so overused and abused. (Compliments for your restraint.) There is a whole community of designers and art directors sharing the passion along with Comic Sans and Trajan. :wink:

3 Likes

Beautiful! I only tackled monopoly and dominos but they didn’t look anywhere near as nice!

3 Likes

Fantastic in both concept and execution! even the Coral Snakeish Border!

3 Likes

This is gorgeous! As as a past student of anything ancient Egyptian, I think you captured the spirit and essence of Egyptian design quite nicely. I ‘get it’. I’ve become a big fan of hand coloring stuff, too…it’s rather therapeutic. What a beautiful looking game!

4 Likes

I didn’t see a Discourse badge for that, darnit!

Haha! You’ll notice there are no half inch deer in any of the projects I’ve posted… :wink: It’s all about knowing your limitations and focusing on the things you know you CAN do!

I will admit to having experienced a moment of extreme satisfaction when I realized this project I’d spent weeks laboring over had actually resulted in the perfect opportunity to make you look at a photo of Papyrus. :smiling_imp:

I actually really like it, except for the uneven edges. I find the shapes of the letters themselves very appealing. I guess I just have common tastes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I still want to do a Monopoly set – it’s been nagging at me ever since I got the GF, but I haven’t felt ready to tackle it yet!

Haha, I had the same thought! But then, coral snakes are beautiful, so it told me I was on the right track. :wink:

Oh, yay, that’s so good to hear! And yes, the coloring is really a lot of fun – I had been missing my nightly coloring wind-down, since finishing the colored vase I did. The gel pens worked a lot better on the draftboard, though. I’m hoping the markers I ordered will be a better solution for future wood and plywood projects. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Absolutely hilarious. :smiley:

5 Likes

Beautiful

2 Likes

Said “WOW” audibly when I opened this post. Amazing work!!!

2 Likes

This looks awesome, even with the use of Papyrus.

2 Likes

Yeah…coloring on draft board. Didn’t take me long to realize that some colors just sink right in. I’ve never tried any gel pens…they might be next on my to-buy list. Are they water soluble or what? Mostly, I’ve been using oil-based pens.

1 Like

Typefaces spelled the demise of calligraphy fonts, By hand you can have a hundred variations of each letter, so every use of that style would be a bit different, now especially for such irregular fonts there is a very limited set of fonts and even fewer that are distinctive that folks are drawn to. So you have a choice of either such a common look that only a typeface nerd would be able to tell you what it was, or distinctive but everyone would know it. Personally I would favor distinctive and let the “font nazis” rant.

3 Likes

Water-based. This is the set I have: https://www.colorit.com/products/96-gel-pen-bundle

They work great on the draftboard, they cover well, and create a bit of 3D effect that I like. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

So beautiful!

1 Like

That looks fantastic! The coloring is great! And I love how you say “a simple drawer.” I haven’t even made a nice box, let alone a drawer!

2 Likes

Your kung fu is strong!

1 Like

Haha! Okay, I’ll admit, it did take a little bit of trial and error to get everything the way I wanted it. :wink:

3 Likes

Well well well, if this isn’t a lost gem.

(Except the papyrus, but maybe it gets a pass given its Egyptian roots.)

#necrogame

1 Like

Wowza! that is pretty impressive!

1 Like