Settings for Romark Naturals and Sapphire Blue/White 3 ply

I’m making plaques with Rowmark Naturals Black Galaxy/White 1/8" and Sapphire Blue/White 1/8" for the first time and I have some good settings for the engraving but cant seem to get the cut setting right. I’ve tried a few but they’re either too strong and almost catch on fire or its slow and a rough cut. Any help appreciated!
Thanks!!
Genevieve

1 Like

Check out #6:

1 Like

Thank you I do have that list which is where I started from but have not found the right cut settings. Need to cut tomorrow hoping someone will have some advice.

1 Like

i generally made a small, 0.25" square and start with a setting. then shift 0.30" up or right and tweak and go again and just keep going until one works.

if you’re having problems with burning or rough, i might suggest two higher speed (or lower power) passes. or even three. it may be better to minimize the amount of heat in those passes.

3 Likes

Ok thanks I’ll try more than one pass and some more experimenting.

3 Likes

My first question would be - did you try the PG acrylic settings? They’ve always worked for me…

I’ve had success starting low and moving up keeping speed high till I hit 100% laser then backing down the speed.