Settings guide

Is there a settings guide that can be downloaded?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
Proofgrade settings auto populate when the material is selected.
If you mean settings for non proofgrade material, those can only be discussed in the Beyond the Manual section of the forum. For any material you may be considering, you will probably find setting suggestions in that section using the search function.
There is also a Google Doc that was developed (I don’t know how currently it has been updated):

Your best bet is to test any new material you may be using with a test cut template.

4 Likes

#6:

4 Likes

Wow! I will be getting my Glowforge in a week or so and, if this is accurate, it will be extremely valuable to me as I begin learning. I will of course start with the proof grade material that is sent with the machine, but I have some of the things mentioned in this list.

1 Like

Great question! (And thanks so much to everyone else who weighed in with helpful answers!)

The Glowforge Manual has a ton of information on settings, getting started with your printer, and more. Also, if you log on to your Glowforge App, there should be a link on the right hand side called “Your first prints”, which will help you get acquainted with the settings on your app.

Unfortunately, we can’t offer advice about settings for materials from other sources.

If you are considering printing on materials from another source, you’ll need to determine if the material is laser compatible. This can be tricky: for example, many plastics look alike, and some plywood is made with glue that isn’t laser-compatible. You need to contact the manufacturer, inspect their safety data sheet (SDS), and/or consult an expert to determine if each material is compatible with the CO2 laser inside the Glowforge unit.

If you want see if the community has suggestions about materials and/or material settings, you can post in the “Beyond the Manual” section. Note however that advice in this section is unsupported and is not reviewed by Glowforge.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.