Settlers of Catan board game?

I was just wondering if and when we were going to get that cause i bought all the colored wood for it and thats one of the reasons i got a glowforge actually love the game and love that design.
i haven’t been on hear since i got my glowforge actually hah so if this has been discussed al;ready please direct me thank you for your time
love proud glowforge owner

3 Likes

Glowforge published their version here:

Also, you might want to see what other glowfolk have made with it:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=Catan

10 Likes

Thanks a million times over i love ya man haha YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1 Like

next question the leather satchel/ laptop bag any news on that?

Dan did a little write up of his process, but hasn’t put up an svg:

He hinted that they’ll have it in the catalog at some point though because it makes a cameo in the video.

1 Like

thanks again
:smiley:

have they talked about selling the proofgreade material tape yet for our own material?

Not that I’m aware of. I kinda doubt it actually since it’s part of what makes Proofgrade Proofgrade, but who knows?

There are several discussions about available masking from other sources, however. 582U is a popular choice. I’ve used this stuff:

1 Roll 12in x 300ft Application / Transfer Tape, GreenStar Classic Adhesive - Vinyl Cutter Signs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C131Y04?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

And I like it, but a couple of people on the boards complain that it doesn’t stick for them. I haven’t had that problem, though I think the adhesive is pressure sensitive so I use a putty knife to squeegy it down. It sticks better to the front of leather than to rough sanded Baltic Birch.

5 Likes

what does it mean by sorry bitmap can only be engraved i traced a straight line on the proofgrade and it wont let me cut it WHY? they need to add a tool ribbon so that we can make simple shapes and get to chose to cut or engrave them

You can add vector cut lines using the Trace function.

3 Likes

thanks ill try this next time i did a solid black line and it wouldn’t let me cut it only engrave it and i just took a pair of scissors and hacked away at the material

It’s worth noting that the Catan board has a couple of conversion errors for the ports… 2:1 instead of 3:1 (I think).

5 Likes

i tried to download the settlers of catan onto the upload button but it keeps giving me an error @dan